Re: [TO TEST] My sims have pointy ears

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] Random Sims have pointy ears

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I have started a new Game but some of my Sims have these ears.

Message 31 of 37 (1,573 Views)

★★★ Guide

At one point, every single suspect I would get while playing the detective career would have pointy ears. I always knew exactly who the suspect was because they would always have pointy ears. Now, I don't know if this is still the case since I haven't played that career in a long time, but it was happening. I did have it randomly happen again recently, but it was a one-time thing, and very odd. For some reason, Bill Wu was randomly given pointy ears. I was able to fix his ears in CAS, but the fact that it happened to begin with was really weird. Like, why him specifically? I have not had this happen again since then.

Message 32 of 37 (1,546 Views)

Hero

Hi @Kalaidasim

this is a very old thread that doesn't use the bug template.

Could you make a new thread, please ?

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 37 (1,498 Views)

My Sims have pointy ears and my Aliens have no a disguise anymore

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims have pointy ears and my Aliens have no disguise anymore
What do you expect to see? My Sims with ears I give them by myselfe and Aliens with disguise Standard smile
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

A few of my Sims have pointy ears. 

pointy ears 02.PNG

pointy ears 01.PNG

-My Aliens lose their disguises as soon as I leave the CAS.

I don't use mods or CC's and I have all packs and the newest version of the game.

My last Alien who lost the disguise: 

Alien Sim

Message 34 of 37 (1,474 Views)

Re: My Sims have pointy ears and my Aliens have no a disguise anymore

Hero

HI @Kalaidasim

I merged this thread with the pointy ear one. Could you make a detailed report on the lost disguise in a separate thread ?

Is it similar to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Alien-townies-look-like-regular-sims-in-manage-household/m-p/7... or is it just your played Sims ? Have you been playing rotationally ? Can you create a new disguise or is that broken ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 37 (1,464 Views)

Re: My Sims have pointy ears and my Aliens have no a disguise anymore

★ Apprentice

I will try to answer. My english isn't the best.

My Aliens have lost her disguise. (all my aliens) They are looking just like Aliens. If I create a new Alien and leave the CAS, his disguise is lost too. I created a new one (also with disguise, Link I postet here), uploaded him and let him download by my daughter to test it. But also this alien has no disguise anymore.

I also install the game completely new, but it doesn't helps.

Thank you so much Crin!

Message 36 of 37 (1,439 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] My sims have pointy ears

Hero

Sims that randomly decided to cosplay and have pointy ears have now revert back to their normal selves.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 37 (6,040 Views)