[FIXED] [V] [ROM] Ex-Occult cannot complete spellcaster aspiration

by Punikki89

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] [ROM] Ex-Vampires cannot complete spellcaster aspiration

★★★★★ Newbie
I am also having this issue - same info across the board. Tried again with a non-ex-vampire and was able to fulfill the aspiration, so it's definitely vampire-specific.
Message 11 of 26 (1,130 Views)

Re: I Can't complete the "Learn a Spell" quest for SpellCraft & So

Hero
@Alphafax It is. I moved your post over to the thread on that issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 26 (1,113 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. Im wondering if running a repair would fix it but I'm reluctant to do so because I ran a fix the other day and it brought back old bugs like constantly getting water. Being frozen still with my arms spread out and a weird face glitch.  

Message 13 of 26 (1,103 Views)

Hero
@LynseySophia Is the Sim with the issue a former vampire or not ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 26 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict no but she is a former mermaid.
Message 15 of 26 (1,094 Views)

Hero
@LynseySophia moving over to the occult thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 26 (1,086 Views)

★ Guide

I have this problem too. I have only one spell caster and cat in the household and I get this LE a lot. She is not a former occult though. She was born human and a spell caster is her first and actual occult form. I do however use cheats from time to time. This is what Better Exceptions mod generated:

Possible Causeunlock_tracker
ReasonException raised while trying to run a test event in test_events.py: (AttributeError: type object 'musicTrack_Violin_03_Play' has no attribute 'tuning_tags')
Message 17 of 26 (930 Views)

★ Pro
@epaor Do you get this error when learning new spells/potions or just randomly?
Message 18 of 26 (909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I don't learn any new spells anymore, but I change my aspirations and work on them all, it happens when I fulfill any of the steps really. They eventually work (well, or not...), but sometimes they get stuck or lag and they're fulfilled a bit later than expected.

Edit: I was wrong. Not having any problems with other aspirations actually, I had problems with learining new spells though because I already have learned them and couldn't complete the steps. I still get that LE right after I enter the household.

Message 19 of 26 (877 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Are we even sure this bug is caused by being a former vampire/mermaid?  What happens if you try it with Caleb or Nalani (who never published anything)?

Message 20 of 26 (839 Views)