Re: Ornate Victorian Roof Frame orientation glitch

by BryonyRae

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Ornate Victorian Roof Frame orientation glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Noticed the spandrels are not rotated properly with the curved fence. It appears to only do this with the Ornate Victorian Roof Frame from the Vampire expansion. 

Spandrel glitch

Message 1 of 9 (2,459 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Vampires Spandrels Facing Backwards

Hero (Retired)

This issue has been fixed in the 11/7/17 patch.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (2,146 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Tagging @BryonyRae

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,451 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@lacedmetal I can verify what you're seeing with that particular spandrel - if you place it on the curved section first, it does indeed have the wrong orientation.  However, if you hold SHIFT down while placing, it will place correctly. Or, if you place a connecting piece to it, it will also fix it.  Thus, I would deem this a graphical glitch rather than a bug that adversely affects game play. 

In the course of testing this, I did find something else that seemed weird to me, which was if you have walls down or in cutaway mode, the spandrels go invisible when you have a different tool selected unless you go up to the next floor.  It looks quite odd, given that the columns they are connected to remain visible, and I don't recall seeing this in the past.  However, I could be wrong, as I usually play and build with walls up and thus might not have noticed this before (since the spandrels remain visible in walls up mode).

Tagging @SimQARobo for awareness.

Message 3 of 9 (2,446 Views)

EA Sims Team

@lacedmetal @BryonyRae

We'll take a look.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 4 of 9 (2,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Just want to add that in the condition where you have columns placed on the curve within two tiles of each other, the glitch cannot be manually corrected by any method I've tried.  If the columns are more than two tiles apart, it's fixable.  Tagging @SimQARoboagain just to update.  Images:

02-21-17_3-53-44 PM.png

02-21-17_3-53-46 PM.png

Message 5 of 9 (2,389 Views)

Vampires Spandrels Facing Backwards

★ Novice

The spandrels on curved decks aren't facing the right way. I was building a house in the Sims 4 and I was using the spandrels that come in the Vampires pack, but when placing them on a curved deck, they inverted and faced backwards and one tile over instead of facing the right way. I have never had this issue before, and the issue only occurs if I place columns on either side of the curved deck. This issue has only come up for me today, as I am not a huge fan of curved decks unless building older style homes, so I am not sure when this issue would have started.

I have used different poles from each pack that includes them and the issue still occurred. I then used different spandrels from the base game and the issue did not occur, so I have concluded that it is only the spandrels from the Vampires pack that are causing the issue. This problem occurs also in all saves I have, not just the one I am using.

The only mods I have are custom content for a few curtains and then the rest is all for Create a Sim purposes. I have never had an issue with the game while using my custom content before, and I tested the bug without the custom content as well and it still occurs. 

I own all expansion packs for the Sims 4 and I am currently running the 64 bit version of the Sims 4 for Windows, and it is also currently up to date with the latest patches. 

Below are two screenshots of the same columns (from the Vampire pack) but the two spandrels I used to test the bug: the spandrels from the Vampires pack, and then the spandrels from the base game. 

The issue is not that important, but it is a little frustrating.

Message 6 of 9 (2,347 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@yanilleuh merged with pre-existing thread about this issue.

Message 7 of 9 (2,327 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has been a long running issue that unfortunately STILL hasn't been addressed. If there's anyone on the coding team who feels generous...

Message 8 of 9 (2,184 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This issue has been fixed in the 11/7/17 patch.

Message 9 of 9 (2,147 Views)