[FIXED] [V] Old weakness still active after removing

by Hanz_get_ze_MG42

Original Post

Re: Draught of Reconfiguration not removing weakness effects, but still removes

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, it was a valid fix for me. All of a sudden, it worked, one of my vampires was able to gain skill points again, the ex-vampire was able to eat food again. Its just sad we have to use a mod that, according to the mod author, doesn't even do all that much but add some code that was missing. That bug has been around for ages, and there is still no official fix, so we have to make do with existing fixes. And in that case, its that mod, so I marked it as solved, hoping that everyone who has that problem would find the mod and use it as a "hotfix" until maybe one day we get an official fix

Message 91 of 103 (2,888 Views)

Re: Draught of Reconfiguration not removing weakness effects, but still removes

★★★★★ Guide

@Hanz_get_ze_MG42 : Indeed. Thanks! Large smile

Message 92 of 103 (2,880 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Old weakness still active after removing

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

bump
I hate this bug so much Broken heart

Message 93 of 103 (2,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Which mod is being refered here? I tried this one: snip

It does not seem to work however.

After using the draught of reconfiguration, i still get the "Insatiable Thirst" and "Eternal Sadness". My vampire sim now has 2 extra weaknesses for no reason!

CM Edit - No mod links please. 

Edit: seriously? i am not allowed to link mods that sorta atleast fixes half of thethis problem? EA fix your * instead of censoring us.

Message 94 of 103 (2,696 Views)

Message 95 of 103 (2,670 Views)

Vampire Weaknesses

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? fp01.92
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Strangerville, Vampires, Spa Day, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make your sim a vampire, then cheat your way to make a day walker, then try and use the cheat to remove the weaknesses
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim still hisses
What do you expect to see? My sim not hissing at poor innocent folks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I recently decided to attempt to make a Vampire celebrity to go with the Illuminati storyline I’m working on. Well she got swarmed outside a bar or something and couldn’t move fast enough. The sun ended up killing her. So I reloaded, and figured I’d use the cheats to kinda manipulate the game so that doesn’t happen again, I went ahead and gave my sim the vampire perk points needed to buy the perk that allows me to walk around without fear of turning into a pile of ash, I then went to use the cheat to get rid of my sims vampire weakness cause I’m not about that hissing life. They don’t work. I’ve tried it about 10 times. It worked for me awhile back when I first got the sims - vampires and went nuts creating all sorts of undead Day walkers. 

I googled and and it says that some vampire cheats have been removed, and then added again, and then removed - again. Is this one of them? And does anyone know a workaround? 

Message 96 of 103 (2,544 Views)

Re: Vampire Weaknesses

Hero
@TheTwistedFaith Merged this with PC thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 97 of 103 (2,514 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Too bad the only fix we found so far involves a mod, and therefore won't work on consoles. It would honestly be great to have those issues fixed, for everyone.

Message 98 of 103 (2,489 Views)

Hero

Fixed an issue where Vampires were exhibiting their old weaknesses even though they were not applied.

Fixed in Patch 1.55.105

It's possible that affected Sims are still not fixed.

Try re-adding the weakness and removing again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 99 of 103 (9,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is the best news, thank you!

Message 100 of 103 (2,330 Views)