Re: [OPEN] [V] Old weakness still active after removing

by IceyVrost200

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@lsjsim128
Thank you very much!
I did quick testing with respec potion and it worked for me and it seems this bug
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Former-vampire-still-has-Vampire-behavior/m-p/7168969#M...
is also fixed with mod.

@lsjsim128 @crinrict
Could you also please notify gurus and forums?
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/953540/please-ea-fix-our-vampires-updated-june-2019#late...
Message 81 of 103 (2,037 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I too can confirm the mod actually fixed the issue for me.

Message 82 of 103 (2,007 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@lsjsim128 : I just saw that on MTS (and snagged it), too. I also asked the author how he pulled it off exactly, too (awaiting response). Standard smile

Message 83 of 103 (1,975 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@lsjsim128Thank you so so much for the heads up on the mod bugfix! This has been gamebreaking for me since I mostly play vampire families, hopefully this is only to tide us over until there's an official fix.

Message 84 of 103 (1,956 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you so very much!! This is awesome! I will download it and test it out later. Large smile

Message 85 of 103 (1,917 Views)

Re: Draught of Reconfiguration not removing weakness effects, but still removes

★★★★★ Guide

The author of the unofficial fix for this has responded to my question! (Emphasis in the response mine.)

Me: "How exactly did you figure out how to deal with this? Does it simply kill the buffs every time you travel/go in CAS?"

dhikaodonk: "Kind off, it makes the game to check that whether you really have the power/weakness on your sim because it was missing these line of codes. there were bug similar to this like fame quirk/buff from traits that you dont have but you still get the moodlet from them."

Hopefully this will help the devs finally fix this!

Message 86 of 103 (1,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue now. Same bug, removed bad traits, took different traits, still having negative effects of the trait. They go away, and then they come back for whatever reason.

Message 87 of 103 (1,505 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I see this is marked as "Solved" because of that one mod...but I do hope this gets an official fix someday. Just sayin'. Wink

(No malice intended, by the way, just want to clarify that because I don't want to start trouble. Embarrassed )

Message 88 of 103 (1,496 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@StarryMight It was the OP that marked this as fixed. Seems it's was a valid suggestion for them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 89 of 103 (1,488 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict : Yeah, that did actually occur to me between my post and the edit. Standard smile Sorry! Embarrassed

Message 90 of 103 (1,485 Views)