Re: [OPEN] [V] Old weakness still active after removing

by Kyr0e

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 vampire cheat not working

Hero
@Calaqua I'm saying this is a bug. The potion is bugged. They wiill hopefully patch it somewhere down the road.

The cheat on the other hand that has the same issue might not be patched as cheats are unsupported.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 103 (2,565 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also have the same issue described by people in the thread. Both of my vampire couple had the withered stomach weakness, but then I realised there were objectives in some of the Seasons pack holidays that required eating so I decided to try and reset their weaknesses to something else, but the vomiting as a result of eating still happens despite removing the withered stomach weakness with a reconfiguration draught.

My workarounds for now have been to either change the holidays with taking out the grand meal objective and replacing it with have a drink, and/or leaving the home lot with one sim to visit another lot then going back to the home lot, which seems to make them 'forget' that they have the trait and they don't get sick if they eat something.

Definitely annoying and potentially game breaking.

Message 72 of 103 (2,517 Views)

[OPEN] [V] Old weakness still active after removing

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampire, Get Famous, Spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1.be vampire 2.drink Reconfiguration Drink 3.set new power-weakness 4.play for a while 5.old power and weakness will appears
What happens when the bug occurs? old power and weakness when before i let sim drink Reconfiguration Drink will appears but in power/weakness screen it show new one
What do you expect to see? it should be new one and don't go back
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

845 - power/weakness screen new one old one i choose weakness sloppy drinker.
846 - after i drink blood and my new weakness it doesn't have sloppy drinker but her thirst increased like when i choose it.

Message 73 of 103 (2,491 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

18th June patch did not fix vampire trait resets, their old weaknesses still remain, atleast the Withered Stomach.

Message 74 of 103 (2,469 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I usually just lurk around here, but I feel I have to speak up about this, as I play with vampires a lot. I just tested (without any mods) and can confirm this issue still persists with the Pre-Island Living patch. All it took was going to manage worlds and coming back to find my sim still had effects from traits and weaknesses I just reset. The options greying out does seem to be fixed at least. It's been how long? 7-8 months? I lost count. They've been selling a broken pack for 20 bucks and have only been fixing it a few bugs at time...At this point, this is unacceptable, you can't justify or defend this, you just can't...Here we are a more than half a year later with a new EP on the horizon that was just in our dreams & imagination at the time of the original post, and the issue still haven't been fixed...I haven't bought anything for this game since the holidays, and don't intend too until this is fixed, if it ever will

Message 75 of 103 (2,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys,

After some testing today's patch, I thought that the Eternal Sadness weakness might be fixed. I used a moodlet solver after using the Draught of Reconfiguration and it seemed like the sadness buff wasn't coming back, but eventually it did. Sigh.

I tested Dampened Emotions being active even though the vampire Sim had spec'd out of it, it comes back when I reload my game.

Message 76 of 103 (2,368 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue with the "Dampened Emotions" perk, I was not enjoying it mostly dampening positive emotions of my vamp so I had him drink a Drought of Reconfiguration, no cheats or cc involved and later after he'd traveled off the lot the "dampened emotions" moodlet reappeared in spite of no longer being a chosen perk. The only way I can get it to (temporarily) go away is by using the UI Cheats mods to right click the moodlet, otherwise Dampened Emotions is permanent.
Also: Even after the June 18 patch the Dampened Emotions moodlet is still appearing.

Message 77 of 103 (2,357 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I can confirm the persistence of "Eternal Sadness" and "Deadened/Dampened Emotions". I can also confirm the persistence of vampire thirst idles (where the sim in question growls, then covers his/her mouth and thinks of plasma). These are present despite cheats, draught imbibing, being cured fully...multiple times (re-vampirization, then curing again), and even the application of other occult statuses (aliens and plantsims). These are present post-patch, and without mods installed.

Message 78 of 103 (2,328 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sad to see that these issues are still here, been stoped playing the game long time ago and hope it would be fix when I returned...

Message 79 of 103 (2,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Edited by CM: If using a mod as a workaround please keep in mind that we don’t pre-screen, endorse or support modded content on the forum. Please use mods with caution and understand there may be risks as a result. For more on The Sims 4 and mods, this EA Help article will expand more. 

Good news, fellow simmers! (If you don't mind mods) So, it looks like someone on Mod The Sims did EA's job for them and posted a fix over there! I'm not sure if I can even post links here, so to be safe I won't do that, but with a quick search for "vampire" on MTS you can find it easily, you'll know when you see it.

Message 80 of 103 (4,576 Views)