Re: Sims 4 vampire cheat not working

by Calaqua

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] Old weakness still active after removing

★★ Guide
Me Too'd here as well.
Had Eternal Sadness picked as a weakness and drank a reconfiguration drink and didn't choose that one this time, yet the Vampire still plays the "crying" idle animation and receives the +3 Sad "Saddness, Eternal" moodlet.
Message 61 of 103 (2,128 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So is there any way to fix it now?

Got the same problem with the deadened emotion trait... even i have reset all traits, my sim always feel fine everytime 

Message 62 of 103 (2,055 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I decided to try that and see what it did. Regret doing that now. It's the same with the weakness of hissing and sadness. I have tried to see if maybe there was a mod that fixed it but couldn't find anything.

Message 63 of 103 (2,035 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem and it's very annoying, it ruins my entire party. I have a nice vampire that doesn't want to eat humans that can only eat humans (or she vomits) and i have an artist vampire that cry all the time... Sweet
This problem seems old so i guess EA doesn't care ?

I feel like this is a very visible and evident problem and any playtest would have reveal it before the expansion comes out. I don't understand how 2 years later it's still not fixed
This expansion pack cost 20 bucks and is sometimes in sales. I'm really disappointed by the people behind this game

Message 64 of 103 (2,003 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, I mainly chose weaknesses that don't have a huge impact, the only bad one I had was 'eternal sadness' and now it literally won't go away after I changed my weaknesses, it's gotten to the point where I just want to add a twin to my sim and just make them my base sim character (and delete the old one) since it's really annoying, I've had this problem for a very long time.

Message 65 of 103 (1,943 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
If you have MCCC then you can temporarily get rid of the offending buffs, but any time you reload your game or change lot, the buffs will re-appear.

So, any time you pick out new powers or weaknesses for your vampires, save beforehand. That way, you can go back to your previous state.

Yeah. It's weird that this hasn't been fixed yet. It's like bugfixes are subject to rationing or something. I can see how rushed testing would miss something like this before release, but it's like seven months now since the initial post. More than enough time to duplicate the bug and fix it. And yet this has not been done.
Message 66 of 103 (1,856 Views)

Sims 4 vampire cheat not working

★★ Novice

So I did a cheat to give me unlimited vampire power points. It worked fine. Then, I bought all the powers and got weaknesses. I don't like this feature and personally think it should be removed forever. But I removed it with cheats. It worked at first. Then, I left and went back to the game. And what do I find? My sim can't eat without vomiting. I thought I removed that. I checked the vampire power panel thing, and the weaknesses didn't show up. It wasn't always like this. Also the vampire weakness system as a whole is terrible and should be removed completely and only powers should exist for them. I have no mods or anything like that. FIX NOW!

Message 67 of 103 (1,739 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

If we're lucky they will fix it in the upcoming patch before the expansion. The vampire pack needs a whole plethora of fixes and they just can't continue ignoring it. This one is especially bad because you may respec, and end up with twice as many weaknesses as before as they're not going away.

Message 68 of 103 (1,731 Views)

Hero

@pugpower64 wrote:

So I did a cheat to give me unlimited vampire power points. It worked fine. Then, I bought all the powers and got weaknesses. I don't like this feature and personally think it should be removed forever. But I removed it with cheats. It worked at first. Then, I left and went back to the game. And what do I find? My sim can't eat without vomiting. I thought I removed that. I checked the vampire power panel thing, and the weaknesses didn't show up. It wasn't always like this. Also the vampire weakness system as a whole is terrible and should be removed completely and only powers should exist for them. I have no mods or anything like that. FIX NOW!

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

This thread is mainly for using the potion though as cheats are generally unsupported.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 69 of 103 (1,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict I used the potion - it doesn't work. It clears the powers and weaknesses and lets you choose again but the buffs are still there. I've done this on several sims and still can't satisfy thirst or ever be anything other than FINE all the time. 

So I'm not sure what you're suggesting we do?

Message 70 of 103 (1,670 Views)