Re: [OPEN] [V] Old weakness still active after removing

by zplshin

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Strangerville installed and I still have this issue. My vampire became very powerful and had to choose and re-pick several weaknessess to know which one had the least negative impact. Drank drought of reconfiguration to reset but they're still there. I used a cheat but also to no avail. It seems like they're there forever. If the Vampires game pack had such a game-breaking issue, shouldn't ea have posted it on the page for the game pack? I mean, people should know that what they're gonna buy is defective. Should it even be released or stay available on the store if it had such defect?

Message 41 of 103 (2,420 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yup, a lot people posted this issues long time ago(around 2018) but ea still didn't fix it. I tried all the way you said, including the cure and turn to vampire again but still useless. I even email them but it seems useless as well.

Message 42 of 103 (2,410 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Any news on fix?

Message 43 of 103 (2,268 Views)

★★★ Novice

this is pathetic. I've been waiting for a couple months for this fix to start playing again and try the new expansion. The game is completely broken for everyone that experience this very easy to reproduce bug. I don't know how they can continue adding stuff without first fixing something important like this. I'm disapointed for real.

Message 44 of 103 (2,241 Views)

Vampire buffs and weaknesses persist after being removed

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except strangerville, laundry day stuff and perfect patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Apply withered stomach to vampire sim. Remove trait with draught of reconfiguration. Eat any food.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim get nauseous mood and is sick
What do you expect to see? The effects of the vampire buffs and weaknesses to actually be removed after drinking reconfiguration drink
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Buffs and weaknesses appear to be removed but effects persist 

Message 45 of 103 (2,209 Views)

Re: Vampire buffs and weaknesses persist after being removed

★★★ Apprentice

Hey guys.

I've also had this problem and the only (temporary) fix that I've found is to use MCCC to remove the buffs.

In MCCC 6.2.0 just click a Sim, choose MC Command Centre, MC Cheats, Cheat Sim Info, Mood/Buff Control, then Remove Buff, then choose the buff which should not be there. Repeat Remove Buff until you only have buffs for weaknesses or powers which your Sim actually has.

After removing the buffs, they seem to come back if you reload or if you change lot, so you might as well get used to checking to see if they are there each time you load a game or change lot when a vampire Sim is present.

Btw, the same or a very similar system seems to be used for the Get Famous perks & quirks, so drinking a Quirk-B-Gone potion or booking a celebrity cleanse to reset your perks may not work either.

This points to a problem with the system which keeps track of these Simpirkss and which should be clearing the old Simpirks out, the buffs being wrong is just an annoying symptom.

Message 46 of 103 (2,077 Views)

Re: Draught of Reconfiguration not removing weakness effects, but still removes

★ Guide

Hi all, it is now April and I see that this bug is open since November?? 

I have been searching for weeks how to disable this! 

I also have the same problem with my vampire. Uncontrolable thirst, dampened emotions etc... 

while resetting and drinking the potion at the mixing bar to reset this. 

I also drank the wrong potion and turned my sim back to a human sim. That was annoying... But this wasn't the solutions once vamp again. 

I play sims 4 on the ps4, not the pc

The option mentioned in here does not work on a ps4, unfortunatelly. As I cannot click on my sim with the testingcheat On. 

When will this be solved?

Minimal 25 plasma and still not full ..... argh

Message 47 of 103 (1,957 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I read just now that the coming update is supposed to fix a lot of bugs. No idea if this one is included.
Message 48 of 103 (1,946 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This bug wasn't addressed by today's patch.

Message 49 of 103 (1,868 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have the same issue here, eternal sadness, and my sims get sick when eating human food, he is now back to is human life, and the weakness perks seems to stick on him. Very anoying bug and saddly not resolved yet.

Message 50 of 103 (1,862 Views)