[FIXED] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

by rosmaskinen

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

★★ Novice

Is there a way you could share the mod?

I hate to be that guy, but I have to admit I have no idea how to access and edit the tuning files (or where to find them in the first place).

So I would really appreciate your help, if it isn't too much of a bother.

Message 91 of 197 (5,009 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SDPhantomGamer wrote:

I wasn't getting this issue until I started playing a toddler in Vlad's care, and Vlad was having trouble getting past this point. I started digging around in the tuning files and this section in rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP stood out to me.

<U>
      <T n="key">17</T>
      <U n="value">
        <L n="loot">
          <T>150111<!--loot_VampireProgression_5_1--></T>
        </L>
        <T n="tooltip">0x8981CD19<!--Next Reward:\nGain 2 Power Points--></T>
      </U>
    </U>

The TDESC describes the loot tag as only run once while loot_always is supposed to be used for repetitive tasks. I whipped up a mod to patch this and Vlad started getting power points again as normal.

Note: After the tuning is fixed, if your vampire's XP is at max, it's crucial to adjust it using the cheat command below. This will put you at one point below max so the bar will start working again.

stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1592

This completely works!! Thank you so much. I followed this instructions and made my own tuning file to test it. I guess this will do until EA fix them themselves. 

Message 92 of 197 (4,985 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

In all the years of poking around and modding files in other games, never heard of a tuning file. No clue what a tuning file is, so looks like I'm out of luck. It's a bit ridiculous a consumer can find and locate the line of code faster than the actual devs can. Seriously shameful...to the devs. Good job on the find....I wonder how long until the devs come up with a fix now that the issue is highlighted for them............

Message 93 of 197 (4,956 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm sharing my .package made with the guides of SDPhantomGamer. All rights to him, if he releases a version of the mod I'll take mine down. Until EA fixes it.

EDIT: Links to thrid party downloads are not allowed on AHQ. Please find another way to share

Message 94 of 197 (4,873 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

To make things tenfold easier, you do not need to get an editor, extract the code, hunt for the line, tweak it, and re-package it.  Here's all you do.

Step #1:  Download his file here: VampireRankFix_Mathcope (I  doubt google is able to find it yet but check my twitter)

Step #2: Find your Sims 4 directory, a "Mods" folder should ALREADY EXIST.  Mine was:  C:\This PC\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

Step #3: Unzip it, the download file, it should be labeled VampireRankFix_Mathcope.package    ..and you guessed it.. drop it into the "Mods" folder

Step #4: Open the game >Press Escape > Game Options > Other > Check mark "Script Mods Allowed" and ...

Step #5:  To ensure it's working: Right below, click "View Custom Content" - Custom Content - "VampireRankFix_Mathcope" should be seen.

Step #6: LAST BUT NOT LEAST... log into your game, press Ctrl + Shift + C to open a command prompt at the top, type in "testingcheats on" then type "stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1592"  - you're done.  The next vamp skill-up point will give you your +2 and reset the bar and will level up properly as normal.

Thank you Mathcope and SDPhantomGamer.

EDIT (crin): Unfortunately, links to third party content are not allowed on AHQ. I've shared it on my twitter. Best I can do atm

Message 95 of 197 (4,845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Strael123 wrote:
Step #6: LAST BUT NOT LEAST... log into your game, press Ctrl + Shift + C to open a command prompt at the top, type in "testingcheats on" then type "stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1592"  - you're done.  The next vamp skill-up point will give you your +2 and reset the bar and will level up properly as normal.

I'd like to reiterate, this last step is only necessary if your Vampire XP bar is already at cap. The reason being, the event for reaching max doesn't fire if you're already sitting there. If you're below cap, you're just giving yourself free XP without really needing to.

PS: I posted my findings to help the devs patch this issue. This and I didn't find the effort of posting my test mod made to prove the solution necessary as (hopefully) this'll be fixed quickly. Meanwhile, feel free to use the information I posted as you wish.

Message 96 of 197 (4,696 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes I hope it gets fixed soon too. But in the meanwhile (and since we probably don't get a new update until next year) we can rely on this. I updated the fix so the cheat is now "vampire.fix" rather than the other cheat (harder to remember). Thanks again for your information on how to solve it!

Message 97 of 197 (4,680 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@JesusJuiceInU wrote:

In all the years of poking around and modding files in other games, never heard of a tuning file.

Tuning files are what Maxis calls their XML files in the game assets that define various content of the game.

Message 98 of 197 (4,674 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ahh ok, I figured it was lingo for a certain file...just wasn't sure. I'm about to track down this mod and give it a go. Many thanks to everyone involved for coming up with this fix. So when are you guys applying for dev positions?

Message 99 of 197 (4,460 Views)

★ Apprentice

The foul irony of a consumer fixing this problem and sharing the fix with everyone, and EA censored the link so no one is able to use the damn thing! 

Message 100 of 197 (4,439 Views)