Re: [OPEN] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

by Valithrax

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hay same issue as everyone else here any sort of fix for consoles given that you cannot mod it on console

Message 181 of 197 (2,930 Views)

★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:
Go to Modthesims and search for Vampires Bug fix

My experience from the previous games is that as soon as someone makes a mod that resolves the problem, or just creates a workaround for it, EA stops caring about fixing the bug that causes the issue. Sims 3 still has tons of serious bugs that EA have yet to acknowledge and half the expansions still have gamebreaking bugs that make key features not work properly, and for many of us it's basically unplayable without using heavy script mods.  Sims 4 is no better off and actually has way more bugs that occur far more frequently, even if they're not all as severe as the ones in Sims 3. Unfortunately that's how EA does business and that's not likely to change as long as they can continue to stay afloat without bothering to support what they release.

Message 182 of 197 (2,803 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Vampire Sims created after installing this update will be able to continue to gain points after reaching the rank of Grand Master.

• Note: Vampires that already exist will continue to experience a problem with gaining points after reaching Grand Master. We’re investigating a separate fix for Vampires in existing save files.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

• Vampire Sims will now once again gain points after they reach the Grandmaster level on pre-April (2019) patch saves.

Legacy saves fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Please be aware that existing Vampires will still have the issue.

You can check if this fix helps with them getting unbugged 

Make sure the faulty Vampire is active, then open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c and : stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1592. 

Please not that this issue is NOT fixed yet for console. Please use this thread for console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-V-Not-able-to-level-up-gain-points-past-Grandmaster-level/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 183 of 197 (14,417 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

Vampire Sims created after installing this update will be able to continue to gain points after reaching the rank of Grand Master.

• Note: Vampires that already exist will continue to experience a problem with gaining points after reaching Grand Master. We’re investigating a separate fix for Vampires in existing save files.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Please be aware that existing Vampires will still have the issue.

You can check if this fix helps with them getting unbugged 

Make sure the faulty Vampire is active, then open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c and : stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1592. 

the solution stated by crin works for vamps made after the patch.. but for those who have pre-made / saved vamp sims that are still buggy, one fix that i tried (sans the mod fix and given the current patch) is reverting your sim into human by clicking on your vamp sim, ctrl-c and typing

traits.remove_trait trait_OccultVampire

and placing the vampire trait back by clicking on your reverted to human sim and typing (after ctrl c):

traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire

so far i haven't encountered any bugs after this. i hope this helps those who are still having the vampire bug.

Message 184 of 197 (2,367 Views)

Hero
So resetting the points on existing bugged vampires doesn't work ? Sad to hear that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 185 of 197 (2,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Do you mean vampires created via CAS or preexisting sims that have not been turned?
Will new normal sims that have been made after the patch be affected if I ask an existing vamp to turn them?

Message 186 of 197 (2,340 Views)

Hero
I assume it's all Vampires that had the bug.

If you have a vampire saved in CAS that has not yet bugged out, it should be fine.

And yes to your second question.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 187 of 197 (2,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

https://help.ea.com/en/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-updates/
Any patch notes?
No patch notes = not fixed.

And what about other Vampire breakers?

Should I continue sending 2 hour long videos about each bug which BREAKS the gameplay since GF update (did so a week before this goldern fix did arrived https://youtu.be/e9Vv7O4SXeM ) or what?

Message 188 of 197 (2,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That link is no longer valid (they forgot to change the link ingame)

All notes are now posted here: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/update-notes

This was fixed on PC but not on Console. Existing Vampires are still affected

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 189 of 197 (2,232 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Any idea when will the existing vampire bugs (not the new vampires) will be fixed? I believe that this issue should not be considered as solved as per last patch. I preferred not to use any cheats just to make it work. It bugs me every time I want to start playing the game because 75% of the Sims in my main saved are vampires.

Message 190 of 197 (2,065 Views)