Re: [OPEN] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

by taylormarie-beck

Original Post

★★ Novice

Seriously bummed over this.  Just started playing again recently, Decided to over the span of the next few months pick up all the expansions.  Got vampires, was loving it, hit this bug, and now i have lost all urge to play or pay for anything else this game has to offer. I play on Xbox One, and refuse to cheat in this game.  Hope it gets fixed soon, but I am doubtful that will happen.

Message 161 of 197 (3,862 Views)

★★★ Guide

Still not fixed with the 21 Feb patch. Flippin ridiculous.

Message 162 of 197 (3,835 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I sent a message with a link to this thread to SimGuruNick and he said “We’ve encountered the same issue on our end and the team is investigating.” So we’ll see what happens. Maybe if other people direct message them about the same thing then they’ll move a bit faster 

Message 163 of 197 (3,821 Views)

★★ Novice

How did you do that? I'll gladly message as well 

Message 164 of 197 (3,795 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@gnoerl wrote:

My Hopes aren't this high too... don't know if this could be fixed by a mod.

Problem seems to be that the Vampire-EXP are hardlocked at 1593, trying to get further via "stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP XXXX" fails. The game recognizes that you earn EXP, but it can't increase the value..

As a recap, I pointed out the issue causing this in #90. @MathcopeSims made a mod following those instructions and uploaded it on ModTheSims and Sims4Studio.

The mod is only available for PC users. Those playing on console are out of luck until this is fixed.

Message 165 of 197 (3,791 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to pop by to let you guys now that we've been actively working on this issue. Sadly, I do not have any specific dates for a fix, but we hope to have a fix in the near future. 

I cannot confirm anything, but I wanted you to know that we are fully aware of this issue.

Thank you very much for your patience, and sorry for the inconvenience Frown

Message 166 of 197 (3,729 Views)

★★ Novice

Is this a cross platform fix or PC exclusive?

Message 167 of 197 (3,677 Views)

★★★ Novice

yay a fix is coming!

...and thanks! Standard smile

Message 168 of 197 (3,630 Views)

★ Guide
I don't mean to be mean but... aint it a bit... too late?

I understand that, as per post-GF vampires state (bugged powers respec potion returning fewer points that it meant to, unremoveable weaknesses, hard vampire exp cap, defunct registered vampire household lot trait, etc) it'll take quite a time to make Vampires pack playable again.

Won't tell for whole community of Vampire pack owners but for me, Vampire pack is the main interest in Sims4.

Being handicapped for four months before official bug acknowledgement is rather... *sigh* annoying. And knowing that it may take four more months to make this pack playable again (otherwise which sense should I assume in "cannot confirm anything" statement?)

To add insult to injury, it's too late to request a refund for either Vampires pack or for GF expansion which broke it.
Message 169 of 197 (3,464 Views)

★ Novice

where can i find the file to fix this? 

Message 170 of 197 (3,322 Views)