Re: [OPEN] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

by eustacecs

Original Post

★★★ Newbie
Have they still not fixed this? I'm playing on xb1 and I have encountered this problem and its 2019!
Message 141 of 197 (1,467 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm on PS4, as of version 1.13 several game breaking bugs have been affecting the vampire life state.

1. Earning Vampire XP (the purple bar on the Needs menu) after you've reached the highest Vampire Rank (Rank-not Aspirations, those are fine) is impossible as the XP bar stop moving after you gained 1 additional level past Grand Master.

2. Any changes made to vampire perks/weaknesses via the Draught of Reconfiguration do not register, the game still behaves as though you haven't changed anything. Furthermore, when using the Draught of Reconfiguration and attempting to pick perks that you have already picked AND have more than one level to them (eg- Fitful Sleep or Sun Resistance) will result in the player only being able to pick the first level of it even if they have the points for the next level.

3. Attempting to solve the issues above by curing your sim of vamprism (legitimately or through cheats) and then being turned back into a vampire does not work, you retain your rank and everything that comes with it when (correct me if I'm wrong) your rank is supposed to be reset o the very bottom, no points, powers or weaknesses.

I tried filing my own bug report but the form does not work on my PS4 web browser (I don't have a working computer) so this is as clear as I could be about these bugs.
Message 142 of 197 (1,457 Views)

★★ Novice

My game was working fine, then I decided 'hey, this is great, why don't I give EA some more of my money and buy another pack!'. Game updates. Updates break my game. Then I remember the repressed memories. That's right, this happened before! In fact, I remember swearing not to give any more of my money to EA. I bet there are a lot of people on here who can relate. I wonder, if all of us started demanding actual refunds when game-breaking bugs don't go addressed for month, would EA still ignore it when it starts costing them money? As it is, why would they care? We've already bought the game and paid for it. We've done so every other time before. Why would they need to try any harder than they do when they know we'll still obediently give them our money the next time they put out another compilation of shiny trousers. Goddamn thieves. Months and never-mind not fixing this, it hasn't even been addressed!

Message 143 of 197 (1,379 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the same problem. Seriously the recent patches gave me lots of trouble with this game. I was hoping I could continue farming traits but nope, and i'm really wondering when we'll get patches that'll fix it. Because for this bug and another one, it's been months without progression. Since the November patch a lot of bugs keep appearing and it's starting to break the game for me.
Message 144 of 197 (1,334 Views)

once vampire reach max vamp level they can't get anymore XP

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, Seasons, Get together, Get to work, Holiday celebration pack, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Romantic Garden stuff, spooky stuff, laundry day stuff, Get famous, and Parenthood.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How I found it was by maxing out a vampires vampire skill level, before trying to get the extra 2 points every time the bar is filled, except it won't give XP once the bar is filled and stay stuck like that.
What happens when the bug occurs? You don't get any more vampire XP once your Vampire is the maximum vampire level, which means no more points. If I use cheats to get lots of vampire XP on a sim that hasn't used any of the points, I can get more of the points and XP, just once you use them and your sim is max vamp level you can't get any more and it stays stuck, with the bar full and the sim getting no points.
What do you expect to see? I try and get more XP points to give my grand master vampire more powers, but the bar stays full and I get no points regardless of cheats or vampire interactions that give XP.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

To whom it may concern,

This is just an issue I noticed with my game, it doesn't really affect my gameplay too much, but it can be kinda annoying when I want to get my vampire more powers but can't. I have attached some photos where my grand master vampire, who has his XP bar full, performs a vampire interaction, but does not gain any more XP and does not receive any points. In the pictures I have mods and custom content disabled. This issue occurs with all my vampires, not just this one. Using cheats to get more XP doesn't do anything once the points are used and the vampire is max level. I hope something can be done about it  Standard smile

Thank you, 

Ellis

Message 145 of 197 (1,246 Views)

Re: once vampire reach max vamp level they can't get anymore XP

Hero

Hi @SnekkingCreature 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 146 of 197 (1,237 Views)

Re: once vampire reach max vamp level they can't get anymore XP

★★★ Newbie

Thank you Standard smile 

Message 147 of 197 (1,230 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same with me. I've noticed several new bugs show up since around the time that the Get Famous expansion was released.  I'm also having the same issue with vampires not leveling up past Grandmaster level like everyone else in this thread.

Message 148 of 197 (1,072 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

From today's patch notes:
"Vampires
Corrected texture issue on Buttoned Pants."
Much important. Very critical. So wow.

It's plain ridiculous. I'll abstain from buying further expansion packs until it's fixed.

The worst part, it worked pre-GF.

Is it that hard to restore Vampire levels system?

Message 149 of 197 (997 Views)

Vampire progression bar glitch sims 4

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Deluxe. Sims 4 Vampires. Sims 4 Get to work. Sims 4 Cats & Dogs. Sims 4 Seasons. Sims 4 Get together. Sims 4 Get famous. Sims 4 Parenthood.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Level up the vampire to grandmaster, then you will see the the purple bar located where the needs pannel is will become stuck after earning two more additional vampire points. Very straight forward.
What happens when the bug occurs? After earning two more points after reaching the grandmaster rank, the purple bar located in the needs pannel will become permanently stuck, therefore I am unable to earn anymore points afterwards as a result. It will only accumulate at least 48 points in total, and no more beyond that.
What do you expect to see? Vampires should be able to continue earning more points after grand master rank.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The problem occured after the November patch was installed, a few days before the Sims 4 get famous was released.

I have been dealing with it since November, and I have tried reinstalling the game on my PC, repairing it, restarting a new game, etc, but none of those seem to correct the problem either. I have tested it on both Mac and PC. It is definitely the patch that is causing this.

Message 150 of 197 (834 Views)