by Kayla7764

Original Post

Re: (Vampires) Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 197 (3,217 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes it worked before the patch. I usually play as a vampire. It used to be that once you reached the grandmaster level you could continue doing actions that will increase the experience bar and once full it would give you 2 power points and the bar would clear out and you could fill the bar up again to earn another 2 power points. Ever since the patch on Tuesday November 13th you can only fill the bar up 1 to 2 times before the bar remains full and you can't earn anymore power points. I hope this helps and helps get a fix to the problem quicker.

Message 32 of 197 (3,192 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm having the same problem. Grand Master vampire. XP bar is not quite full (although it looks full on the needs panel, but not in the power panel) and says "Next Reward: Gain 2 Power Points", except she never gains XP, never gets the points, and the bar never resets. Tried every vampire activity available, but it will not budge. Completed the Master Vampire aspiration and gained nothing but the normal trait.

Unmodded game, all expansions except for Famous. Vampires created through turning.

Message 33 of 197 (3,152 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict  This worked fine after the November 13th patch.  I started having this issue after the November 20th patch.  To be honest with you -- I think it may have something to do with how Celebrity perks can't be added to after a Sim reaches world renowned fame.  My sim became a 5-star celebrity, and THAT is when I started noticing she was no longer gaining vampire power.  Her Grand Master bar is full purple, but it doesn't reset to add the typical +2 power points any more.  

I actually wondered if this was just part of the game now, because the celebrity perk points are finite; you have to get a celebrity cleanse to reset the perk points if you want to try different ones.  

In any case, this started for me after my Sim reached maximum fame.

Edit:

@HCKicker5 I was still gaining points after Grand Master... but you said it let you gain a couple of more times prior the XP Bar remaining full.  (That's what's going on in my game as well)  So, my theory may not be accurate then, because I'm not sure exactly when I became Grand Master versus Full Fame.

Message 34 of 197 (3,133 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I would also like to add that I've tried a bit of play-testing with no luck.  I had my Sim do a Celebrity Cleanse, and then "step out of the spotlight", so she would no long gain fame.  I then did the reconfiguration draught to remove all vampire perks, and then make the Ultimate Vampire Cure to get back to regular Sim state.  I then went BACK to Vlad, (always running back to that guy), and asked him to turn my Sim into a Vampire again.

She retained her Grand Master Rank, but it did not solve the issue with not gaining additional power points -- In OR out of the spotlight.  So, I'm not really sure what that's about.  So, maybe something to do with the November 20th patch?  Maybe something to do with how Celebrity Perk points work?  Not sure.

Message 35 of 197 (3,130 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes. Before either patch you could keep gaining so points and take on more strengths without taking on anymore weaknesses. Now as soon as you get to grandmaster you can only fill it at most 2 more times before it comes stuck at full. I also dont have the Get Famous pack. But I recently started a new game using a vampire from the fledgling level without any mods to see how far exactly I can go after reaching the grandmaster level.

Message 36 of 197 (3,115 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

★★ Novice
I currently have this problem as well although it worked normal previous times i played the sim except not its stuck at almost full 😲 ive tried so much to get it up but its just not moving. My sim is also grand master and i tried resetting the sim and having the drink of reconfiguration but it has stayed the same. It's so annoying i just want my power points 😣 someone needs to fix this
Message 37 of 197 (3,086 Views)

Hero
Thanks for all the info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 197 (3,072 Views)

★ Novice

I’ve tried resetting them with drinks and even using the testing cheats and nothing helps. Also a fun note is no matter how much XP your sins “gets” you never get any more perk points. 

Message 39 of 197 (3,066 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just to add on the subject, I also have the same problem, it seems that the Get Famous update or some of the patch have messed with the Vampire system, I Can rank up the last rank that was ongoing, but after this, the purple bar stays at full and no matter the amount of xp gained it won't rank up, blocking any more progress, I tried turning the sim back to human after resetting the perks with the Draught and using the Cure, then making vampire again by turning, when the sim became a vampire again, it was already grandmaster and it seems like the perks were somewhat bugged, some icons were missing, I also tried to level a make a sim vampire from scratch and he can level normally until he reach the grandmaster rank and then he cannot go further in ranking, I also tried using some cheats to make it work and it didn't despite the mod to re-enable them.

What I described here is nothing unknown, everyone experienced the same stuff, just wanted to add to it, to add some more attention towards the problem maybe.

Thank you

Message 40 of 197 (3,040 Views)