Re: Vampire rank not increasing anymore

by Ilea_Mii

Original Post

★★ Guide

My vampires were leveling past Grandmaster fine about 3 weeks ago when I last played them, even in my modded game.  Now I've patched, Caleb Vatore has suddenly jump to Grand master with a full bar but it is not giving the points and resetting, without mods.  So possibly 2 issues, not adding the points past Grandmaster, and a sudden jump from Master to Grandmaster without doing anything to earn it.

Message 21 of 197 (5,208 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem as well, my main sim before the new patch was a vampire and everything was working well. But then she died (for story pursoses ;P) but she had a son and a daughter ( both vampires at birth) I aged them up after the patch and made the son a grandmaster vampire but after that when the purple bar was maxed out I don't get points anymore and it stays maxed out (unlike before it restarts and would become empty). I tried to delete the sims folder from my documents and repair the game on the origin but it didn't solve the problem.After that, I tried making a vampire sim from scratch on a new game save but the problem still presists. And on my last resort I tried Uninstalling the game from origin then installing it again, made a new vampire sim to play on a diffrent neighborhood but it still have the same problem so I figured it must be a problem that came with get famous pack (I did all of this without the use of custom mods and custom contents).

Message 22 of 197 (5,194 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@helenthehunter wrote:

My vampires were leveling past Grandmaster fine about 3 weeks ago when I last played them, even in my modded game.  Now I've patched, Caleb Vatore has suddenly jump to Grand master with a full bar but it is not giving the points and resetting, without mods.  So possibly 2 issues, not adding the points past Grandmaster, and a sudden jump from Master to Grandmaster without doing anything to earn it.

Did you play another family during that time ?

There's this older issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-NPC-Vampire-becomes-Grand-Master-on-their-own/td...

Hi @Ilea_Mii

If you have other issues, please create a new thread (after checking the list and currently the first two pages cause the list isn't updated yet). If you throw a sentence into an unrelated bug report, it can get easily overlooked, especially with as much traffic as there's at them moment.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 197 (5,181 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Okay 😁 Thanks, sorry about that I'm still new to this report thingy. I'll post it on a diffrent thread 👍 

Message 24 of 197 (5,163 Views)

★★ Guide

The vamps that were fine are in one file, I played a non-vamp file, patched and am now playing a 3rd file with vamps including Caleb as a controlled character.  This current file is rotational through 3 houses but I have not yet rotated away from the vamps.  I will look at the link to the older thread and comment there, but after Caleb became a Grandmaster his points bar filled and has stayed full without giving the points and resetting.

Message 25 of 197 (5,092 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

★★★★★ Novice

Same problem. Also when I try to reconfigure his perks/weaknesses I have major issues. Any skill with more than one level that he had prior to the reconfiguration only lets me click it once before going grey. For example Sun Resistance will only go to level 1. 

I've been playing this household before the patch and after. Didn't have any of these issues until now. I've tried removing all mods and cc to see if it fixes the issue and it doesn't. 

Message 26 of 197 (5,006 Views)

Vampires not gaining experience after Grand Master

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything, but Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to gain experience after reaching grand master vampire
What happens when the bug occurs? Cannot gain experience, animation shows gains but the power points are never added and the bar remains full.
What do you expect to see? Continuing to gain experience and points for skills as you continue research and using powers.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

To summarize my issue, my sim was turned into a vampire. I leveled them up to grand master and when I went to gain more experience, the bar fills to full, but never gives more points for skills. Additionally, the animation is there showing the experience is gained, but the bar never empties and you never receive more points for skills.

As a sidebar, I tried a reconfiguration draught and even curing the vampirism and trying again, the same issue remains. Additionally, when using the draught it actually breaks the reallocation of skills and you cannot choose skills you have previously chosen, it has a green outline around it and you cannot select them.

I have tried another save and the same issue exists on another vampire.

No custom content, the issue happens continuously, and all my games and OS are up to date.

Message 27 of 197 (4,964 Views)

Re: Vampires not gaining experience after Grand Master

Hero

Hi @Infynyx

I merged your post with existing thread.

For the draught, there's a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-V-Vampire-reconfiguration-potion-does-not-work-properl...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 197 (4,952 Views)

Re: Vampires not gaining experience after Grand Master

★ Apprentice

@crinrict Thank you, I found this thread after, the workaround fixed the menu and draught problem!

However, the experience issue remains! 

Thanks again for the quick response.

Message 29 of 197 (4,945 Views)

Re: (Vampires) Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same for me. Managed to reach exactly 1 level above Grandmaster. And stuck. Vampire exp gauge is stuck in few pixels before levelup mark.
Fortunately, it was just enough to buy immunity to sun + speedrunning + discard Fun necessity.

Never had any issues with vampire exp before Get Famous.

(NB: Fame lvl2, Noticeable purchased)

Message 30 of 197 (4,869 Views)