Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, All stuff packs except Outdoor Retreat, as for Stuff Packs: Luxury Party, Vintage Glamour, Romantic Garden
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Vampire power points
What happens when the bug occurs? Progress/power bar stuck at almost full and doesnt grant power points
What do you expect to see? To level up and gain extra points past grandmaster
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

EDIT (crin): There's a mod now that fixes this issue. I'm not allowed to link it but search Modthesims

EDIT (crin): For your concerns about this not getting fixed, please read SimGuruIcarus statement here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Not-able-to-level-up-gain-points-past-Grandmaster-level...

Message 1 of 197 (31,323 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

[ Edited ]
Hero

Vampire Sims created after installing this update will be able to continue to gain points after reaching the rank of Grand Master.

• Note: Vampires that already exist will continue to experience a problem with gaining points after reaching Grand Master. We’re investigating a separate fix for Vampires in existing save files.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

• Vampire Sims will now once again gain points after they reach the Grandmaster level on pre-April (2019) patch saves.

Legacy saves fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Please be aware that existing Vampires will still have the issue.

You can check if this fix helps with them getting unbugged 

Make sure the faulty Vampire is active, then open the cheat console with ctl-shift-c and : stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1592. 

Please not that this issue is NOT fixed yet for console. Please use this thread for console: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-V-Not-able-to-level-up-gain-points-past-Grandmaster-level/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 183 of 197 (14,412 Views)

All Replies

Re: (Vampires) Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

★★ Guide
I ran into this issue with my Vampire Sim as well.

Though strangely, I'd been able to gain ONE bonus level after reaching Grandmaster, and now no matter how much I Spar, Reread the Ultimate Vampire Tome, or use Vampire Powers, the bar stays as full, without ever levelling up.
Message 2 of 197 (31,202 Views)

Hero
I'm a bit clueless when it comes to Vampires as I never play them myself ..

Did this work before the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 197 (31,193 Views)

★★ Guide

I didn't test right before the Terrain Editing patch, but it did work in the past when I had played a Vampire.

This one I'm playing right now I specifically made after the patch, and started as a Vampire via Create-a-Sim, rather than being made into one during gameplay.

At any rate, once you reached Grandmaster Vampire level, you could continue filling up the Vampire experience bar to earn 2 points each time.

But now the EXP bar gets stuck, no matter how much  you do to fill it.

Message 4 of 197 (31,183 Views)

Hero
OK. Guess I'll put this on the testing list then

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 197 (31,178 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Didn't play as a vampire before the patch, but the problem is the same both when I made a vampire in create a sim and turned it in game.

Message 6 of 197 (31,174 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [V] Not able to level up/gain points past Grandmaster level

★ Novice

I have also had this  exact problem with vampire sims created in CAS. Have not tested this on

human sims that become vampires.

Message 7 of 197 (31,153 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same problem, the skill bar stuck at almost full and only leveled up one time after reach Grandmaster, and when i tried to use Reset Vampire Points Drinks from mixology bar to "fix it" i found another problem, i can't redistribute some perk points in skill tree that acumulate. 

Here are some things that i already tried without sucess:

- Reset Sim command

- Erase The Sims 4 Folder in Documents

Please Fix it

Message 8 of 197 (31,060 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I've had this issue too but it applies to Prime Vampires as well. The two Prime Vampires I have, were receiving training, participating in Vampiric Spars, running all the Vampire Socials, and neither of them are gaining any experience whatsoever. I've had to give up on their Vampire Aspiration and just move on to the challenge aspiration in the hopes this gets fixed.
I'm running the game in English, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Vampires, v 1.47.49.1020
Message 9 of 197 (31,003 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I also have this problem and the one also mentioned about resetting the vampire power points.The ones that will not max out and don't work for me currently are: Dampened Emotions, Sun Resistance, Vampiric Charm, Vampiric Strength, Occult Student, Day Phobia, and Fitful Sleep. The other multi level powers seem to work at this time.
Message 10 of 197 (30,979 Views)