Re: Idling Vampires when visting their house or being visited.

by manzana0807

Original Post

Hero

Hi @Skittle223 

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 50 (2,250 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Skittle223 

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 42 of 50 (2,247 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruIcarus

Want to reproduce this fast? Assuming it is consistent, have any of the vampire households have no energy. Then swap to another household and invite said vampire over. You should see that they will stand idle with a thought bubble displaying their lack of energy.

Also, cheating their motives does not work unless the vampire is an active sim. If you cheat his motives, and go back to his household, you'll notice every motive EXCEPT energy is full. They also seem to lack the autonomous settings to regain energy via dark meditation.
Message 43 of 50 (2,214 Views)

★★ Pro

This sounds like a bug that was posted here previously where unplayed vampires had no energy and didn't do their special vampire run, move like a bat, etc.

I always mark every vampire household in my game as played, even if I've no intentions of playing them long-term, so I never see this. I always replace the EA premade vampire households, with my redone versions, set up my townie vampire households, and then move on from them. From there I always see them acting as they should.

It's a weird bug, for sure.

Message 44 of 50 (2,206 Views)

Hero
This would be the issue @manzana0807 is talking about: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-V-NPC-Vampires-no-energy-gaining-points-no-runs/td-p...

I had already linked that on the first page but it was a bit inconclusive at the time to merge.

@ArchXDiablo @Skittle223 is that the issue you're actually seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 50 (2,192 Views)

★ Pro

The vampires are still broken in my game, have been since the patch before Cats and Dogs was released. That solution accepted to my original bug post, is a contradiction to the bug report. Vampires never had energy issues prior to the disabling of there speed runs, mist etc. Changing that is what caused the energy not to regenerate on unplayed vampires.

I hardly ever see them anymore, Caleb was spawned in my neighbourhood but stood on the same spot doing nothing but complaining about no energy, never moved in several hours until my Sim changed lots. Lilith was spawned as a barmaid in the lounge in Brindleton Bay, she never entered the lounge just stood there idling. She never burned up though and it was day time while she stood in the sun, for a few hours.

Message 46 of 50 (2,179 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

★★★★★ Novice

VAMPIRE AI BUGGED ??
Recent issue here with vampires on residential lots. They seem to not do anything.

- Have tried removing mod after mod that I could think of that affects vampire mechanics (still no go)
- Visited Vlad at his house; had to add him to group to tell him to get in his own house before he burned to death

- Caleb and Lilith always seem to be energy starved because they can't apparently take care of themselves...
- Brand new game (re-install; no mods) -> New Game -> Created vampire sim; moved to Forgotten Hollow -> Welcome wagon (caleb), invited in, he just stands around and does nothing.
- All other sims are fine (99% of the time)

- My Sim is fine (no lag issue or anything like that), it's only the Vampires that seem to have this issue.

Anyone else having this problem? I have not found another thread like it...

Message 47 of 50 (2,111 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] The official Bad Randomizer Complaining Thread

★★★ Guide
This is why I started cheat - boosting my vampires to Master or Grandmaster rank after being turned just so I can buy the sun resistance power for the vamps I care about keeping. Also Caleb and Lilith I allocated their points to buy their run/bat powers and bought the sun resistance power for them. This way when they run out of energy they wont burn to death. Especially for the vamps who work a regular day job. To work around the low energy problem I also bought the Always Welcome trait from Rewards Store and this has allowed my vamps who come to visit (and already invited them inside from a previous meeting) they automatically come inside and go to a nearby bed and sleep, thus of course restore their energy. Once they are full again they usually leave.

Otherwise the vamps I don't rank them up and keep them still with the regular burning - in - sunlight feature I have them quit their day jobs after being turned and have them write and publish books or paint and sell their paintings, or program or grow crops indoors and sell the produce or anything otherwise anything they can do from home for money. And only travel with them at night.

On a side note I have had vamps (usually the vampire children of my main vamps do this after their powers manifest. Youth stupidity?) who come over to visit (they live in a different household) and if I invite them in and we chat, then for some reason they walk outside and stand there and burn to death. I call them over back inside, we chat for a minute, then they go right back outside and stand in the sun again burning. Funny though that the parent vamp has the "Lecture About Sunlight" option when that happens. The only way to save them from dying is send them home.
Message 48 of 50 (2,061 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] NPC Vampires stay out in the sun too long/ are idle

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I’ve caught my played sim as an “NPC” hang around in the middle of the city, just sitting at a bench, doing nothing, as embers came off him. I had to switch households so I could direct him inside before he died.

He’s also died once coming over to a sims house after being invited on a date. Got through the front door in flames, then dropped dead- even after trying the “make happy” cheat on him. This was while he was in NPC mode- my played sim invited him.

I’m worried to leave him now lol. He might just kill himself while out for his mid-morning stroll!

His power points and options are bugged, so despite being Grand Master Vamp, I can’t reallocate his points to the sun resistance. 

I’m currently playing him now, and just caught him dancing outside in the sun as embers floated off him... 

Message 49 of 50 (2,019 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] NPC Vampires stay out in the sun too long/ are idle

Hero

Fixed an issue where NPC Vampires would have their Vampire Energy drained after completing a load, which was causing them to idle in place instead of performing their expected autonomous behavior.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

If this is still an issue on console, please create a new thread for console

If it's still an issue for PC/Mac, please comment here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 50 (5,925 Views)