Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] NPC Vampires stay out in the sun too long/ are idle

[ Edited ]
Anonymous

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have lots of vampires and watch them not go inside when they should
What happens when the bug occurs? The vampires die cause they are too dumb to go inside during the day
What do you expect to see? Them fleeing to safety
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi, not sure if anyone else has encountered this issue, but I have had two NPC vampires show up on a community lot on separate occasions and not leave when it turns into day. I cancelled all social interactions with them to encourage them to leave - no luck. They both burned up and died (I managed to save one by giving a death flower to Grim). No mods/cc in my game. 

Message 1 of 50 (5,799 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] NPC Vampires stay out in the sun too long/ are idle

Hero

Fixed an issue where NPC Vampires would have their Vampire Energy drained after completing a load, which was causing them to idle in place instead of performing their expected autonomous behavior.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

If this is still an issue on console, please create a new thread for console

If it's still an issue for PC/Mac, please comment here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 50 of 50 (5,938 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] NPC Vampires stay out in the sun too long

Hero

Seems to be a general issue with NPC vampires, not only on community lots.

I'll add that although it's a bit unclear if it can be as a bug.

I do think it needs tweaking though although I haven't seen this issue in my own game at all.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 50 (5,713 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had invited a vampire to come hang out and he stood outside of my door as I tried to welcome him in but he burned to death first. I've now made a roof over my front door as a workaround so guests don't die coming to hang out.

Message 3 of 50 (5,706 Views)

Anonymous

Ok, it looks like the issue is specific to my generic lot. Vampires come around 4-5am and basically will not leave the lot after it turns into day. If I add them to a group and force them to travel to another community lot, they will leave right away from the new community lot (cafe) after the loading screen. Not sure if the "generic" lot designation plays a role...?

Message 4 of 50 (5,666 Views)

Re: NPC Vampires stay out in the sun too long

Hero

Don't think so, seen reports for all kinds of lots so far

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 50 (5,654 Views)

Anonymous

Ah got it, thank you

Message 6 of 50 (5,642 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 50 (5,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

In my first test save (to explore Vampires) I merged my Sim into Vlad's household. Seems good ol' Vlad was a Doctor which amused me greatly! 
The only thing I can figure is Vlad decided to stand outside to practice singing when coming home from work.
Vlad was soon a "Smokin' Hot" extra toasty Vampire!

Smoking Hot Dr Vlad

Smoking Hot Dr Vlad

Smoking Hot Dr Vlad

Smoking Hot Dr Vlad

Smoking Hot Dr Vlad

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 8 of 50 (5,562 Views)

Lots of Vampires NPC's and all of them dying in the sun.

★★ Apprentice

SO... They said we would have to be worry about games being invaded by vampires, and the game is generating vampires autonomously. But the big issue is that NPC's Vampires are going out in the sun. On restaurant had a vampire waitress and she died working in the sun. I've seen vampires on lots at day time.

Message 9 of 50 (5,547 Views)

Re: Lots of Vampires NPC's and all of them dying in the sun.

Hero

Hi @guking

merged your thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 50 (5,532 Views)