Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Missing facial details category in CAS when using "Change Sim"

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except some stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Change Sim on a mirror or dresser.
What happens when the bug occurs? Missing facial details menu, blocking off changing details like wrinkles, teeth and dark form markings for vampires.
What do you expect to see? The menu available.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Within the past couple of patches this appeared.

As explained above. Screenshot here.

sims4missingdetails.png

Message 1 of 35 (47,558 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Missing facial details category in CAS when using "Change Sim"

Hero

Options from the Face category in Create A Sim are no longer missing for Vampire Sims when using the Change Sim interaction.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 31 of 35 (25,631 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Current workaround is the fulleditmode cheat.

cas.fulleditmode on

Message 2 of 35 (47,357 Views)

Hero

It always works through Household manager

I'll add this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 35 (47,323 Views)

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 35 (47,293 Views)

Missing CAS Options: Skin Tones/Details and Teeth

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, and all stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Choosing "Change Sim" when clicking on a mirror.
What happens when the bug occurs? The options to change the sim's skin tone, skin details, and teeth aren't there.
What do you expect to see? The options to change a sim's skin tone/details and teeth.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Downloading Cats & Dogs pack.

I have a number of sim families and occasionally I like to change their appearances. Since downloading Cats & Dogs, I'm unable to change already established sims' skin tones, skin details, and teeth because those options have disappeared (fairly certain there should be a little icon of a head that opens skin details and teeth); this also occurs if these sims have kids, I'm unable to change the kids' teeth and skin tones/details. If I create a new sim from scratch, all of those options are available. Below is a picture of a sim I made months ago; I can't change his skin or his teeth. He won't even do the smile/smirk animation.

Capture.JPG

Message 5 of 35 (47,288 Views)

Re: Missing CAS Options: Skin Tones/Details and Teeth

Hero

@Quien80946

merged your post with existing report on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 35 (47,268 Views)

★ Guide

Ok, thank you.

Message 7 of 35 (47,261 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have noticed two recent changes or bugs:

1. In CAS when you use the dresser to "change sim" you no longer have the ability to change the face. Thus when a sim is turned into a vampire you have no way to change the dark form of the new vampire. You will have to use the full edit mode cheat.

2. The Vampire ageing decorations such as spider web, cracks, stains etc. now cost. Previously they did not cost anything.

This is not a mod issued. I confirmed this with a game repair and factory reset.

Message 8 of 35 (47,087 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi @Bronwin2,

The solution I've been using is, unfortunately, cheats. Here are the steps:

1. Hold shift+ctrl+c

2. Type in the bar- testingcheats on

3. Type- cas.fulleditmode

4. Hold shift and click on a sim. Some options will appear, one being something along the lines of Modify in CAS. Click that.

5. This should send you to the Create-A-Sim screen in literally full-on edit mode where you can edit all household sims (you can even add sims).

NOTE: This solution can also be found on Google, but this does bypass the problem until it's fixed (if it ever gets fixed).

Message 9 of 35 (47,037 Views)

★ Apprentice
I am doing the same thing. Clearly the patch changed something.
Message 10 of 35 (46,906 Views)