Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Influence Emotions available for Vamps who haven't unlocked

[ Edited ]
Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to use Influence Emotions using a vampire that has never unlocked that vampire power.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option to Influence Emotions is available for use, even on vampires that haven't spent points and unlocked that ability in the vampire powers menu.
What do you expect to see? Influence Emotions should only be available after you've unlocked it from the vampire powers interface.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.52.100.1020 June 2019 introduced this issue

Since June 2019 patch 1.52.100.1020, this section went missing from the tuning files for the 14 burst of emotions available (happy, embarrassed, confident, dazed, sad, bored, uncomfortable, focused, inspired, stressed, flirty, angry, playful and energized), that are part of a vampire's Influence Emotions ability:

<V t="bucks_perks_test">
      <U n="bucks_perks_test">
        <T n="bucks_perk">150888<!--vampirePerks_MindPowers_EmotionalBurst_1--></T>
      </U>
    </V>
    <V t="test_set_reference">
      <T n="test_set_reference">153333<!--testSet_VampirePowerCost_Large--></T>
    </V>
    <V t="statistic_in_category">
      <U n="statistic_in_category">
        <T n="check_for_existence">False</T>
        <E n="statistic_category">MindPowers_Buffs</E>
        <V t="enabled" n="tooltip">
          <T n="enabled">0x20419825<!--This sim is already under a vampire's influence--></T>
        </V>
        <E n="who">TargetSim</E>
      </U>
    </V>

It's the set of tests that show/hide the ability depending on whether or not the vampire has unlocked it or not. It existed before the June 2019 patch, and then disappeared, causing the issue.

Message 1 of 16 (3,692 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [V] Influence Emotions available for Vamps who haven't unloc

Hero

Influence Emotions” interaction will no longer be available to Vampires that have not yet unlocked this perk.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 16 (2,762 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [V] Influence Emotions available for Vamps who haven't unloc

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@simvasion : I asked about this on your Blog a little bit ago, but this is the problem with that still? Hmm.

Message 2 of 16 (3,615 Views)

Champion
@StarryMight they fixed the issue with the action not working at all due to routing errors.

But this thing where it appears for vampires that haven't bought the power yet and possibly also doesn't use any vampire energy cost is still an issue.
Message 3 of 16 (3,603 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@simvasion : Gotcha, thanks! Large smile

Message 4 of 16 (3,602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I too am seeing this bug with only 1 difference!
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampire.

& the free stuff holiday celebration pack + Grim's Ghoulish Guitar

Will ty @simvasion for this post & all the info/work you have done, & ty DEV team for fixing all the bugs u have & i personally <3 the new look <3

that will be about it for me =^.^=

Message 5 of 16 (3,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This just started happening on PS4 with the 1.16 update. My Master Vampire has access to a fully upgraded Grand Master Influence Emotions spell. 

Edit, the spells can't be used just accessed through the menu. 

I have Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff

Message 6 of 16 (3,534 Views)

★★ Guide

I tested this with different vampires and all of them have the Influence Emotions available, you can do the animation BUT if your vampire do not have the Power the action has not effect. It is only an empty animation. You still need to reach the points to get the Power to work properly.

Note: I have all packs except Get Famous, First Pet stuff and Laundry Stuff.

Message 7 of 16 (3,527 Views)

Influence Emotion Still Available to Unspecialized Vampires

Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.17
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kids Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a below Grand Master Leveled Vampire, or probably a Grand Master also. Any vampire that isn't specialized into "Influence Emotions"
What happens when the bug occurs? Vampires can now cast "Influence Emotions" even when they are not high enough level to have the spell or have any perk points put into the Influence Emotions Spell.
What do you expect to see? My Vampire only have access to powers they specialize in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to Patch 1.17

Before 1.17 my low level vampire sims had access to the spell menu for Influence Emotions when they weren't specialized in the spell, but they could not actually cast it. Now not only can they still access the spell menu for influence emotions, but they cast it too!

The patch notes said 

• Vampires seemed to be confused about how to use Dark Meditation and Influence Emotions, and they wouldn’t be able to do it. We took them into a dark place and explained the situation - now they can do both, putting them onto the path of the most powerful Vampire ever!

But apparently that just meant they got to be the most powerful because they now could actually cast the spell they weren't specialized in, instead of just pretending they could cast the spell.

Here's a video!

Message 8 of 16 (3,427 Views)

Re: Influence Emotion Still Available to Unspecialized Vampires

★★★★★ Guide

@PoptartJuniper : When they fixed Influence Emotions on PC, it fixed the route failing, not the visibility to vampires who haven't learned it. Looks like the same thing is happening on console, too.

Message 9 of 16 (3,378 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [V] Influence Emotions available for Vamps who haven't unlocke

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (3,202 Views)