Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Influence Emotion no longer working

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous; Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville; Perfect Patio, Spooky, Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden, Dine Out, Kids Room, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to use Influence Emotion indoors and outdoors with and without power
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) Action "Influence Emotion" no longer working (with and without power) - sim is waving hand with "?" in bubble thought; 2) option "Influence Emotion" is missing in sim menu IF sim inside house (and have this power); 3) option "Influence Emotion" option is available in sim menu IF sim outside house (and doesn't have this power).
What do you expect to see? before patch: if sim have power Influence Emotion, then option was available in sim menu and it worked both indoors and outdoors. And if sim doesn't have power Influence Emotion, there was no option in sim menu both indoors and outdoors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after the June 18th (2019) patch.

Same behavior in new and old game.

Message 1 of 14 (8,559 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] Influence Emotion no longer working

[ Edited ]
Hero

Fixed an issue where Vampires were failing to route when directed to perform the Dark Meditation and Influence Emotions powers.

Partielly dixed in Patch 1.53.115

As the wrong unlocking is still an issue, please use this thread for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-V-Influence-Emotions-available-for-Vamps-who-hav...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (6,729 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] [V] Influence Emotion no longer working

Hero
@lazyjuniper Can this duplicate as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (8,481 Views)

Re: [V] Influence Emotion no longer working

★★★★ Apprentice

My newly created vampire post patch shows she has influence emotions even though she doesn't. It's shows up in her menu when she is outside but ins't there when she is inside.She cant use it and gets the question mark in her bubble when she tries. 

Message 3 of 14 (8,457 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Confirm on Influence Emotion disappearing in house,bar ect, its gone. outside, it's back. when using Influence Emotion, I get a big "?" mark and hand waving 

Message 4 of 14 (8,416 Views)

★ Novice

Exact same thing is happening to me now, ever since the latest patch that installed today.

Message 5 of 14 (8,407 Views)

Champion

The new patch seems to have tried to add a test to see if your sim is standing in the water, but it's faulty and on top of that, deleted the original stuff that should be there to check whether or not you unlocked the Influence Emotion powers.

For all of the 14 burst of emotions available (happy, embarrassed, confident, dazed, sad, bored, uncomfortable, focused, inspired, stressed, flirty, angry, playful and energized), a wading in water test has appeared:

<V t="wading_interval_test">
      <U n="wading_interval_test">
        <T n="negate">False</T>
        <V n="test" t="custom">
          <U n="custom">
            <U n="height_range">
              <T n="lower_bound">-300</T>
              <T n="upper_bound">0</T>
            </U>
          </U>
        </V>
      </U>
    </V>

But this should probably be replaced by the more general (and working) wading in water test set for self (actor):

<V t="test_set_reference">
      <T n="test_set_reference">213995<!--testSet_InWater_NotInWater_Self--></T>
    </V>

And these vampire power unlock test sets that were present before the patch seem to have disappeared completely and should be restored:

<V t="bucks_perks_test">
      <U n="bucks_perks_test">
        <T n="bucks_perk">150888<!--vampirePerks_MindPowers_EmotionalBurst_1--></T>
      </U>
    </V>
    <V t="test_set_reference">
      <T n="test_set_reference">153333<!--testSet_VampirePowerCost_Large--></T>
    </V>
    <V t="statistic_in_category">
      <U n="statistic_in_category">
        <T n="check_for_existence">False</T>
        <E n="statistic_category">MindPowers_Buffs</E>
        <V t="enabled" n="tooltip">
          <T n="enabled">0x20419825<!--This sim is already under a vampire's influence--></T>
        </V>
        <E n="who">TargetSim</E>
      </U>
    </V>

Adding the correct water wading test set and restoring the missing other stuff seems to work for me in restoring the use of Influence Emotions. I hope that helps the SimGurus implement an official fix.

Anyone who wants my unofficial fix can find it on my WordPress blog by searching for "simvasion sims 4 mods". The first search result will probably be for my old family leave fix which you can click through to get to site and find the mods section. (Direct linking to mods isn't allowed, so you have to go through a search engine Embarrassed).

Message 6 of 14 (8,375 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have the highest level of Control Emotions unlocked on my vampire, and since the patch it's disappeared from her interaction bar. 

It was showing up at first, and when I had her cause a burst of emotion she'd just pop up a yellow question mark and wave her arm in confusion (she does the same for her Dark Meditation interaction since the patch).

However, since taking her to a community lot, the Influence Emotions/Control Emotions option has disappeared from her Vampire interaction panel entirely when I click on her.

ETA: Since reading the above comments, I've tested this again.

Can confirm that the same thing is happening to me. When indoors, the influence emotions panel disappears completely. When outdoors, it appears but interactions just cause the bugged interaction with the yellow question mark.

Message 7 of 14 (8,264 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrictlazyjuniper The exact same thing is happening in my game.
Message 8 of 14 (8,114 Views)

★★ Guide

Same issue here, I play vainilla.

Message 9 of 14 (8,084 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also having this problem--with it working outside but not inside. Never used any mods or CC. This was with a vampire who leveled up and gained Influence Emotions after the patch. 

Message 10 of 14 (8,007 Views)