Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] [GTW] Eyebrows and Facial hair changing to match hair color

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I did a lot of testing to determine how to replicate this bug. Here are the steps. 1. Start creating a vampire in CAS. 2. Make it so that the vampire's hair color is different from the color of their eyebrows and facial hair. 3. Copy the vampire's appearance to their dark form so that it is the same. 4. Enter the game with that vampire, have the vampire take a shower. 5. After the vampire has showered and changed back into their normal everyday outfit, take the vampire back into CAS. 6. You will notice that in the vampire's dark form, their eyebrow and facial hair color has changed to match the hair color, but this will not (yet) be true for their human form. 7. Exit CAS. 8. In game, you will notice that the vampire's eyebrow and facial hair color has changed to match the hair color, even in human form. 9. This vampire is now forced to have matching hair, eyebrow, and facial hair color. This occurs in both the human and dark forms.
What happens when the bug occurs? The vampire's facial hair and eyebrow colors change to match the hair color after leaving CAS, even if they were set to be a different color.
What do you expect to see? The vampire's facial hair and eyebrow color should remain the color they are chosen to be by the player, regardless of what color the hair on the head is.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have done hours of testing to figure out how to duplicate this specific bug, because at first I assumed it was due to other factors, like whether or not the vampire was created in game or made in cas, or whether a trait or skill was causing this to happen. This is because I noticed it was not occuring on freshly made sims. However I discovered that once a vampire has an outfit change in-game- regardless of whether they were made in game or in CAS, the color of the eyebrows and facial hair are forcibly changed to match the color of the hair. This makes it impossible to, for example, create a blond vampire with darker eyebrows and facial hair, or create a vampire with an unnatural hair color, without their eyebrows and facial hair also turning into that unnatural color. This bug has existed for as long as vampires have, which is almost a year now. Since I've put the time in figuring out how to replicate it exactly, I would appreciate if it could be looked at or at least acknowledged in the near future.

Message 1 of 18 (3,199 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [V] [GTW] Eyebrows and Facial hair changing to match hair color

Hero

Aliens and Vampires no longer adjust the colors of their beards and eyebrows when going to work. The office uniform policy has been updated.

Fixed in Patch 1.44.77

If you still have an issue regarding eyebrows or facial hair, feel free to let me know.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (2,873 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] [V] [GTW] Eyebrows and Facial hair changing to match hair color

Hero

This is also happening for Aliens still. Didn't really fit the title so I made it more general but with the EPs involved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (3,117 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [V] [GTW] Eyebrows and Facial hair changing to match hair color

★ Guide

I saw that a new topic for this was opened and I wanted to let you know that I am also having this problem with my vampire sim.  When she was human it didn't happen at all, but as soon as she became a vampire I started having this problem.  

Message 3 of 18 (3,087 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] [GTW] Eyebrows and Facial hair changing to match hair color

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Yeah I'm having the same problem with a sim with pink hair and black eyebrows and it's driving me up the walls. I'm actually quite disappointed that they haven't bothered to fix this bug yet after it's already existed for so long.

Message 4 of 18 (3,041 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm on ps4 but I have the same issue. I'm a vampire but it started happening before that. Whenever I get back from work, that's when it changes. And no matter how many times I put them back to black, they change to blue again (my hair color).
Message 5 of 18 (3,023 Views)

Hero

Hi @TazGrl79

please open a new thread for console. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (3,015 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this bug too, with vampires, dont know if aliens too. Its driving me crazy because my sim has blonde hair. Is there any way to fix that?

Message 7 of 18 (2,919 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Don't think so. It's something that needs fixing from EA's side like most bugs

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (2,909 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same happens to me. Haven't tried any aliens but my vampire guy's a victim of this too. Hopefully all of this is gonna reach EA/Maxis and they'd FINALLY get to fixing it. Eugh.

Message 9 of 18 (2,776 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Very frustrated that this still has not been fixed.

Message 10 of 18 (2,703 Views)