Re: Sims can't "Meet Client" in Freelancer gigs

by MarleyTheWizard

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Freelancer Career: Cannot meet with client doesn't work

Champion (Retired)

@ZombieNerdxx wrote:

I dont have the freelancer career category on any computer... So i cant chat with the client. (Freelance artist)

Do you have mods or CC of any kind? Are you using a computer on the home lot?

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 21 of 47 (3,717 Views)

★★ Guide

@EuphorialQueen wrote:
What quality was the painting? I did the gig to create a forgery. Even though it did not require to meet with the client I could not get the painting accepted. When I checked it was only "normal" quality and though I tried to edit it at least twice it was rejected. I pulled the ainting on a wall and sold it to collector. I went back to study the reference images and did another 'forgery' which turned out excellent.
I do not know if quality matters or not.
*All of my testing so far has been on the home lot. I am looking for another gig to test if being on a community lot makes a difference.

I edited a rejected work (quality normal) 5 times and it still got rejected, sold it and made a new one. worked fine 

Message 22 of 47 (3,717 Views)

★★ Novice
You have to click on your Sim. You'll see the meet client option there. (But it doesn't work).
Message 23 of 47 (3,682 Views)

★★ Novice
Sims4. Oops.
Message 24 of 47 (3,681 Views)

★★ Guide

@chicamrc what branch is your working in? 

Message 25 of 47 (3,669 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have tired doing that, then jumping in and out of the game through managment and back to main menu.

Message 26 of 47 (3,648 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@MarleyTheWizard  I think you asked about completing the meet with client task from a community lot. Finally my artist has a gig that requires to meet client.

Forensic Sketch Artist Gig - accepted the gig with tasks to create illustrative painting on sketchpad and meet with client.
Put the sketchpad in personal inventory and took both roommates to local museum.
Completed the requires sketch and clicked on it in personal inventory. Artist left and after a bit the job was completed. The roommates stayed at the museum while he was gone and artist went to home lot when job was done.
So far only the artist gigs have this goal and my tests show it is able to be completed.

Game version 1.51.75.1020

All content and patches available to date are installed.
Zero mods / cc and never used either.

I did start this save with a vanilla folder - totally deleted everything and let the game build new files.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 27 of 47 (3,599 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I can also confirm that the 'meet client' and the 'meet class' from the artist branch of the freelancer career worked for me on a save started after the update (with pre played semi skilled sims from my game library).  Game version 1.51.75.1020, no mods/cc, game cache cleared and game repaired, though I did not do a factory reset of my The Sims 4 folders. My sim had some painting skill, and it's now maxed, so I think all his paintings etc tend to be excellent after the first try.

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 28 of 47 (3,577 Views)

★★★ Novice

As a freelance writer, there is no "chat with client" option on the computer. I've also tried clicking on my Sim and checking their cell phone, no luck. Using a base game computer, no CC. 

Message 29 of 47 (3,460 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having this same problem, too, but for me, it has only happened on Vampire sims. I've tested it on human sims from my home lot, and they seem to complete it just fine. But a vampire sim refuses to leave the lot and meet with client/class/etc.

Message 30 of 47 (3,453 Views)