[FIXED] [V] Dates & Wedding and Birthday parties only possible at night

by Novelwrite

Original Post

Re: Vampire dates fail

★ Apprentice

Adding another "me too" here. My Sims are both vampires, and the dates fail pretty much immediately. I haven't tried them again during the nighttime. Human Sims on dates works perfectly. I do use mods/cc, but took them out to try again, with the same results. It's definitely something going wrong with vampires on dates. Also, my Sims aren't made in CAS Vampires, but turned in game Vampires. Wanted to make sure I add that, since I see others are reporting it's their made in CAS vampires that are having the issues.

Message 31 of 78 (3,004 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [V] Vampires Can't get Married through wedding arch/party

★ Apprentice

Yeah, I'm another person experiencing this bug.

I'm using a CAS created vampire, and trying to marry into the Vatore Vampire family.

I can elope with the Sims option, or marriage arch option, but it's not letting me do the Wedding Event.

Message 32 of 78 (3,072 Views)

★★★ Novice

Merin, wanted to let you know that I appreciate your post, as your situation is identical to mine ... where dates fail both sims are vamps (except one of mine was turned and the other is a vamp mine met in the neighborhood),  human sims date w/out any problems, what little CC I use was removed w/out successful outcome.

Still, I've not tried to date with vamps at night, mainly because this was all so annoying and I just thought it best to take a break from the issue and focus on things that weren't bugging out.

However, I did discover something else with vamps, and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the dating bug ...

The vamp my sim was trying to date was an NPC sim, and I noticed that she always traveled via flying as a bat.

I had the option for always moving as a bat checked on my vamp sim. He had an inspiration to go jogging. So, I tried to indulge him. He changed into his sports wear, then changed into a bat and flew to the outdoors, where he landed on the sidewalk in his everyday clothing and the jogging action cancelled itself. So, I tried it again. Got the same result. I unchecked the  always move as a bat, and the sim was able to go jogging.

That sim is now married to the NPC sim, so, if I think about it the next time I play, I'll uncheck her flying option and see if the two of them can go on a successful date.

Message 33 of 78 (2,985 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just wanted to add to my "me too" that my vampire is a turned vampire, and his daytime dates also fail.  I tried pulling my mods and still no dice.  Dates at night work just fine.

Message 34 of 78 (2,947 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [V] Vampires Can't get Married through wedding arch/party

★★★★★ Novice

My vampire sims cannot have a wedding party either! I eloped which was a huge disappointment since I really wanted a wedding party, this is my first file and I wanted to see what that was like. Then, to make it worse, they had a child and cannot throw him a birthday party Frown It seems several of the parties are messed up for vampires and it would be awesome if you could fix this.

I am not using mods and I just got Sims 4 this month.

Message 35 of 78 (2,960 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had this problem too, very frustrating since there was nothing that said vampires cannot date in the day.

Message 36 of 78 (2,935 Views)

[TROUBLESHOOT] [V] Unable to select a vampire as "birthday sim"

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Issue

I am trying to throw my vampire child sim a birthday party and neither he nor his vampire parents appear as options when planning a birthday party social event. Only the normal sims in my household are options. I had this problem when he was a toddler too, but I just aged him using the cake. I know I can do that again, but the issue is that I cannot have his party. I believe this could be related to how vampires cannot have wedding parties as well. It would be nice to be able to have those events as they are pretty important and I see no reason why vampires cannot have them. Vampire children age and have no vampire powers, at least let them have birthday parties Standard smile

Steps you took for Issue to occur

I had an adult sim select plan a social event from his phone, then selected birthday party. I then clicked to select the birthday sim. My vampires were not available as options. I do not have aging turned on so sims only age when I make them, but I am able to throw birthday parties for alien sims as I tried this with their alien neighbors and it was very fun.

Where does the bug occur ?

This has happened on two different saves now, since I wanted to test it out.

Mods/CC

I am not using any mods or CC.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

I have Vampires, Dine Out, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Backyard Stuff, and Get to Work.

Occurring since

This has happened since last week, which was the first time I tried it. I just got The Sims 4 about three weeks ago.

Operating system

I am using Windows 10.

I mentioned this in a thread but saw that you preferred separate issues to have separate reports, and I was not able to find a thread for this particular issue. I did see other people had this issue and commented about it on other forums, so I do not believe it is just me. Again it would be so awesome if this could be fixed! Thank you for viewing!

Message 37 of 78 (2,995 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [V] Unable to select a vampire as "birthday sim"

Hero

I've tried the save you uploaded for this issue to and while the parents don't show up (which is normal as they don't age), I can choose the child as a birthday Sim for the birthday party.

Party went ok and he's now a teen (and now keeps the vampire eyes so that seems to be a child only issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 78 (2,970 Views)

Hero

Tagging @KaitySpirit for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 39 of 78 (2,957 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Good to know it worked for you, I have not been able to select any toddler, child, or teen vampires as birthday sim in any household, which is why I thought it must be a glitch, but it seems it is only my computer/game. Thank you so much for helping and looking into it! I will post here if I figure out how to get it working on my computer.

I agree the vampire eyes seem to be a child-only issue, I have a previous save from this household with him as a toddler and his eyes were vampire eyes back then Standard smile

Message 40 of 78 (2,950 Views)