[FIXED] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

by Korbus50

Original Post

Vampire Sims Can't Use Dark Meditation After Patch 1.52.1

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.1
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except Outdoor Retreat & Strangerville, stuff packs: only Laundry Day.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Vampire Sim try to use Dark Meditation.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim will wave around confused and a question mark will appear in a thought bubble.
What do you expect to see? Dark Meditation being used (the Sim hovering in the air and their energy restoring). ‌
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This problem only started for me after updating to 1.52.1. I uninstalled all mods, checked the issue vanilla, and it still occurred. I've checked all my mods for updates as well and updated the ones that had updates, and removed the broken ones.

I found another user in the comment section of this SimsVIP post with this issue: https://simsvip.com/2019/06/18/the-sims-4-new-game-patch-june-18th-2019/ (attaching screenshot of the comment as well).

Message 11 of 110 (7,242 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this issue too. Is this going to be fixed with a follow update? I have no idea how to do any manual updating.

Message 12 of 110 (7,253 Views)

Re: Vampire Sims Can't Use Dark Meditation After Patch 1.52.1

★ Guide

I am also having this problem.

In addition, my vampire sim cannot Control Emotions since the patch. Both abilities were working fine yesterday before I updated the game to the most recent patch.

I have no mods installed (never have, this is a clean install for a legacy challenge).

Message 13 of 110 (7,147 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, also emotion control no longer working

Message 14 of 110 (7,130 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. I have far fewer expansions and don't mod or cheat. Its frustrating to log in to find that my vampire sims can't meditate, can't control emotions.

Message 15 of 110 (7,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please use this thread for the emotion control: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-V-Influence-Emotion-no-longer-working/td-p/7955246/jump...

@RedRickle wrote:

After the patch i can't use the Vampire ability "Dark Meditation" anymore. i also had problems with making food while in the vampire turning phase.

I have made a new character. it still happens.

I used the repair game-files option and it still happens.

Merged your post with existing bug report on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 110 (7,114 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

After Selecting Dark Meditation. The Vampire says... "Tongue outHA~ HA~! No Clue. What are you talking about!?"

Message 17 of 110 (7,080 Views)

My Vampire Sim can't use dark meditation. No Mods.

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampire, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Holiday, Grim's guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as a vampire and select Sim > Vampire > Dark Meditation.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim simply wave and a ? bubble pops up.
What do you expect to see? The Sim to perform dark mediation where they will float with a dark aura around them, increasing Vampire energy.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have been playing the Vampire pack slightly longer than a month since I purchased it but only today did it produce this problem for me.

Message 18 of 110 (6,959 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am also having this problem ! Please fix the update! I do not use mods either and have tried everything to fix this. Dark meditation does not work ! 

Message 19 of 110 (6,773 Views)

★★ Guide

Worst vampire bug ever!!! Devil

Same here, vanilla saves.

Message 20 of 110 (6,462 Views)