[FIXED] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

by Korbus50

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

★★★ Guide

I hate asking Qs that I can figure out on my own, but since there are probably a lot of vampire loving non-mod-users like me wondering the same thing, im going to bite the bullet.

I saw the post on page 1 of this thread where a quick witted and observant simmer identified the source code error causing the bug (sorry, cant remember user to credit appropriately 😕). But I’m not clear if that’s something i can act on as an end user. Can I find and fix this code in my game locally? If so, how? If anyone could point me to a tutorial or similar, Ill happily auto-didactic away. Id even mod my no-mod policy, bc im a dark med using fool. I bankrupted my current active household buying beds and ended up starting a new one composed of mortals while i wait for a fix. but my ADD makes me 🐜-sy and my intrepid adventurer gene is feeling motivated to action. 🙃

I get the complexity of keeping perfect fidelity in an expanding universe - so Im also going to emphatically anti-complain.(!!) much love and thx to ea and to this awesome community of creative mischiefs! (:

Message 101 of 110 (1,596 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

★★★ Guide
@Rainoa92 Unfortunately. ... :'(
Message 102 of 110 (1,586 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

Hero
@suzushka You would need to basically be doing what Simvasion already did. Create a mod and then put it in the mods folder.

You would need a tool for modding, extract the files, make the changes posted and then add it to the mods folder once you got the modded file.

If you're willing to mod it yourself, why not just use simvasions ? Are you afraid of downloading something ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 110 (1,577 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I, too, am getting the yellow question mark and routing failure animation while trying to use dark meditation. I hope the dev's fix this soon and we get a patch asap! I am at a standstill in my legacy and have just rolled my first vampire in this one and was really excited to get back to playing a vamp. Just thought patches etc were released end of month usually and wondering when a patch is due? End of June has come and gone and trying not to throw a hissy fit lol

Added: I play vanilla game, no mods

Message 104 of 110 (1,519 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dark Meditation not working

Now because it not worked all my sims is dead due to unable to take more power

Message 105 of 110 (1,386 Views)

★★★ Guide
@drrer1 Uh... vamps can't die from lack of energy.Unless they are in the sun without the sun resistance power. (Is that what you mean?)
Message 106 of 110 (1,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Fixed an issue where Vampires were failing to route when directed to perform the Dark Meditation and Influence Emotions powers.

Fixed in Patch 1.53.115

Console Players please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-XB1-Dark-Meditation-causes-routing-failure/m-p/8027033

Going to lock it as it keeps getting bumped by console players.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 107 of 110 (10,051 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict Hallelujah! (Removes the simvasion vampire bug fix mod and celebrates with a glass of plasma jane) Large smile
Message 108 of 110 (1,280 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@aidans1985 : Heh. ^_^ (That mod has some other fixes that still apply, though. Are you cool with that?)

Message 109 of 110 (1,276 Views)

★★★ Guide
@StarryMight It does? Oh... Large smile
Message 110 of 110 (1,269 Views)