Re: Vampire Sims Can't Use Dark Meditation After Patch 1.52.1

by talikinss96

Original Post

Re: [TO ADD] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

★★★ Guide

My vampires are getting this too. (unable to dark meditate). I tried on several different vamps both WITH and WITHOUT MODS (I only use MCCC and its the recent up to date version that was just released). The inability to dark meditate started immediately after the recent 6-18-19 patch that just came out yesterday.

They stand there and wave their hands with a yellow question mark over their heads when I try to do dark meditate.

Most of my sims are Vampires so I use this feature ALL THE TIME for the most part instead of them actually sleeping (it saves time Large smile ). Even more so with the vamps with the Sleep Only In Coffins weakness Broken heart 

If you need to see videos of this or my pre and post update - installation game files let me know!

Message 21 of 110 (2,497 Views)

Hero
@aidans1985 It's easy to replicate so no further info needed.

Thanks for the offer though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 110 (2,488 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrictKorbus50 im getting same bug only diff is
my packs are
vampires, get together, seasons, cats & dogs
& i have never used mods or cheats of any kind
Message 23 of 110 (2,469 Views)

Re: My Vampire Sim can't use dark meditation. No Mods.

★ Novice

I cant use dark meditation for any of my vampires either since the update! I dont use any cc or mods either

Message 24 of 110 (2,440 Views)

★ Novice
@Lozzathompss No, I have the same problem as of right now
Message 25 of 110 (2,432 Views)

★★ Novice

Same, I can't use dark meditation or kill any vampires right now

Message 26 of 110 (2,353 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Vampire Sims Can't Use Dark Meditation After Patch 1.52.1

★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue whilst playing on Mac

Message 27 of 110 (2,343 Views)

Hero
@SpoopyAlice Kill as trying to burn them ? What happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 28 of 110 (2,339 Views)

★★★ Novice

As far as I can tell, burning from sunlight still works fine. Forgot I had autonomy turned off and had a vampire Sim die post-patch. (Or at least get Grim to come--another Sim successfully begged to save her.)

Same issues with Dark Meditation. No CC or Mods. Never had them installed. 

Message 29 of 110 (2,323 Views)

[TO ADD] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get famous and Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Perform the action "dark meditation" on any vampire.
What happens when the bug occurs? Dark meditation will not happen, and the sim in question will have a question mark bubble over their heads before dismissing it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the dark meditation action performed as normal (ie as it did before the patch)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 18/06/2019 patch for Sims 4.

I read somewhere that a user discovered that this is because something in the patch causes them to look for a target sim to perform the action on, despite the fact that it is a self-action. s

Message 30 of 110 (2,164 Views)