Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Vampires, City Living, Get Together, Seasons, Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to use Dark Meditation.
What happens when the bug occurs? A thought bubble with a yellow question mark appears above my Sim.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my Sim enter Dark Meditation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after the June 18th (2019) patch.

Dark Meditation no longer appears to be working after today's patch.  I'm not using any mods and even tried making a brand new Sim.  Same behavior.

EDIT (crin): Please use this thread for influence emotions: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Influence-Emotion-no-longer-working/m-p/7955246#M91918

Message 1 of 110 (18,736 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

[ Edited ]
Hero

• Fixed an issue where Vampires were failing to route when directed to perform the Dark Meditation and Influence Emotions powers.

Fixed in Patch 1.53.115

Console Players please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS4-XB1-Dark-Meditation-causes-routing-failure/m-p/8027033

Going to lock it as it keeps getting bumped by console players.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 107 of 110 (10,052 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] [V] Dark Meditation causes routing failure

Hero
@Korbus50 I can duplicate this as well.
Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 110 (18,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same Frown I'm really sad, we JUST bought Vampires and this is ruining my whole game flow

Message 3 of 110 (18,550 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same, on a vampire created after patch, no mods or cc.

Message 4 of 110 (18,534 Views)

Vampires won't meditate

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EP01293
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, Spa Day, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try using Dark Meditation. Before today, I never had a problem with it. Now, even on older saved games, the vamps won't use it.
What happens when the bug occurs? They shrug and get a ? above their heads.
What do you expect to see? I expect them to meditate as per usual.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Prior to today, the vampires always meditated with no problem. Now, even on older saved games, they just shrug and get a ? over their heads. 

Message 5 of 110 (18,484 Views)

Betreff: Vampires won't meditate

★★★ Novice

Same problem with dark meditation, here, no CC

Message 6 of 110 (18,453 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same issue only started after patch, I've tried repairing my game, reinstalling and removing + disabling all CC.
Most of my main sims are vampires so I've tried it with different saves, households etc and it stays the same.

Message 7 of 110 (18,425 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrictKorbus50 I’m having same issue , have they fixed it ?
Message 8 of 110 (18,296 Views)

Latest patch

★★★ Newbie

After the patch i can't use the Vampire ability "Dark Meditation" anymore. i also had problems with making food while in the vampire turning phase.

I have made a new character. it still happens.

I used the repair game-files option and it still happens.

Message 9 of 110 (18,006 Views)

Champion

There seems to be a new test set added to the global tests for the Dark Meditation interaction by this patch in preparation for the wading in water stuff in Island Living.

<V t="test_set_reference">
      <T n="test_set_reference">214011<!--testSet_InWater_NotInWater_TargetSim_Tooltip--></T>
    </V>

This seems to cause a routing failure because it looks for a target sim to test, but Dark Meditation is an action performed on self and not on another targeted sim.

I replaced this test set reference with another one I found in the new patch which performs the test on the sim itself:

<V t="test_set_reference">
      <T n="test_set_reference">213995<!--testSet_InWater_NotInWater_Self--></T>
    </V>

This seems to get Dark Meditation working again, while presumably keeping it able to automatically hide if you're wading in water (although it doesn't have the tooltip saying "you can't use this while in the water").

If anyone wants the working mod fix, you can Google search for the mod page on my WordPress blog using the search terms "simvasion sims 4 mods" or there's a thread called "Vampires can't use dark meditation any more?" in the General Discussion board on the Official Sims 4 forums with a direct link.

Message 10 of 110 (18,247 Views)