Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Cobwebs and Cracks Cost Money

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, the cobwebs and cracks from the Vampires GP cost money when they shouldn't.
What happens when the bug occurs? Money gets taken from the household funds and lot value increases.
What do you expect to see? It appearing in the buy catalog as costing 0 simoleons; no deductions from household funds; no lot value increase.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think it was the November 7 patch, or the Cats and Dogs EP. Could have been before that, I haven't spent much time in build mode recently.

I specifically remember the devs saying (during a livestream for this pack) that they originally costed money, but they changed that (before release) because it doesn't make sense that a house that looks run down and dusty is more expensive than one that looks new and clean.

cobweb.png

Message 1 of 6 (1,767 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [V] Cobwebs and Cracks Cost Money

Hero

Spider webs, cracks, holes in the wall, and various other wall decals will no longer charge you 5 Simoleons for turning your residence into a dump... …and by dump, I mean a properly decorated abode eliciting a specific mood or feeling as a result of the addition of eclectic wall decals.

This issue was fixed in Patch 1.40.61

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (1,592 Views)

All Replies

Re: [V] Cobwebs and Cracks Cost Money

Hero (Retired)

I don't have any screen shots or recollection of the cost of these objects prior to the patch, so I can't confirm that they should cost $0, but it definitely makes sense.  Let's tag @SimGuruNick to verify one way or the other.

Message 2 of 6 (1,738 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have noticed two recent changes or bugs:

1. In CAS when you use the dresser to "change sim" you no longer have the ability to change the face. Thus when a sim is turned into a vampire you have no way to change the dark form of the new vampire. You will have to use the full edit mode cheat.

2. The Vampire ageing decorations such as spider web, cracks, stains etc. now cost. Previously they did not cost anything.

This is not a mod issued. I confirmed this with a game repair and factory reset.

Message 3 of 6 (1,679 Views)

★ Pro

I thought I remembered a reference in the stream to certain of those objects being at 0 cost but since I don't build, I really hadn't checked.

I happened to think that the SimsVIP site shows items added to the build/buy catalogue in their game guides and just checked the one for the Vampire GP.  All the holes, cracks, chips, water stains and tears do show 0 simolean cost but the cobwebs at 5 simolean cost.  Looks like there has been a cost change to the previously listed objects, with the exception of the cobwebs, since the pack was initially released but I don't know when it occurred.  I defer to builders to make that determination.  Of course, I also don't know if the cost change is intentional or accidentally introduced in a patch.  

Message 4 of 6 (1,666 Views)

Hero

Spider webs, cracks, holes in the wall, and various other wall decals will no longer charge you 5 Simoleons for turning your residence into a dump... …and by dump, I mean a properly decorated abode eliciting a specific mood or feeling as a result of the addition of eclectic wall decals.

This issue was fixed in Patch 1.40.61

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (1,593 Views)

★ Guide
I checked in game and it is indeed fixed Standard smile Now I can make my builds look run down and dirty without them becoming super expensive.
Message 6 of 6 (1,533 Views)