Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [V] Can't make Plasma Jane after Game Start

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Except University, Realm of Magic, Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff and Grim's Ghoulish Guitar all official ones.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The Sim have a stack of Plasma Fruit in the inventory and once you load the game it is as if the game can't find them when try to make Plasma Jane at the bar of my house. When put the stack to a other sim and back all work normal till I start the game the next time.
What happens when the bug occurs? After game start Sim can't make Plasma Jane at a bar till the Plasma Fruit are removed and put back into the inventory.
What do you expect to see? Sim can make Plasma Jane without having to remove and place back the Plasma Fruit to the inventory.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After last game update

Had this on all 3 game new start so far after the last update.

Edit: I also can't place the Plasma Fruit to the world so it might related to the vanishing harvestable bug other have and moving the harvestable between inventory after loading the game might a work around to prevent this bug as well.

Message 1 of 14 (1,020 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't make Plasma Jane after Game Start

Hero
Marking this as fixed as I believe it was related to the harvest bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 14 of 14 (1,151 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Schwarzbart00 To be clear, are they actually gone from your inventory but the game still gives you the option to use them ?

It does sound like the other issue people are seeing

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (991 Views)

★ Guide

Start play the game -> look into inventory there 99+ Plasma Fruit! But when I use the bar to make a Plasma Jane the action icon to do so direct vanish.

Also I can't place them to the world from the inventory i.e. onto the bar.

After put the Plasma Fruit to a other Sim of the household and place it back to my Vampire I can put them into the world and also can use the Plasma Fruit for the Plasma Jane again.

They continue to work normal till I quit the game and load it later again where I then have the same issue again!

Message 3 of 14 (983 Views)

Hero
@Schwarzbart00 Is the Plasma fruit the only harvestable you have this issue with ? what if you have < 99 plasma fruits ?

There's this issue for flowers where stacks of 99+ causes issues: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Unable-to-sell-flowers-roses-and-birds-of-paradi...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Very same bug when I only leave a stack of 7 in the inventory of my vampire before save & exit the game and load it again. So nope have absolut nothing to do with the size of the Plasma Fruit stack. Same corruption of the Plasma Fruit stack on load no mater if I have 7, ~50 (was around this size when I first realized this bug) or over 99.

Edit: and the bug must be on load because when discovered it the first time it was when I loaded my save with this patch that was from before this patch.

Message 5 of 14 (967 Views)

Hero
@Schwarzbart00 But only for plasma fruit ? you don't have issues with other ingredients for other drinks on the bar ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 14 (957 Views)

★ Guide

Appears it is only Plasma Fruit for me that get bugged. My Vampire also have 7 Coconut in the inventory and can make the Lotta Cocolata without issue after load. 

I also checked with some other harvestables (Coconut, Garlic, Avacado & Pineapple) if I can place the into the world and I can place them without issue, so again only the Plasma Fruit that have issues.

@crinrict 

Message 7 of 14 (937 Views)

Hero
@Schwarzbart00 OK. Thank you for all the additional info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 14 (931 Views)

★ Guide

Tried if removing all Plasma Fruit from the household (sold / used them up) and then save and reload fix it, but sadly it did not. Next time I save and load with some fresh Plasma Fruit I got the issue again.

Reason I tried it is that maybe the stack size in the household or a single corrupted Plasma Fruit is the underlying problem.

Message 9 of 14 (910 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just started having this issue on the PS4 after the update today. I have successfully played a 2 vampire household for over a week of real time and no issues. After update, neither vampire can make Plasma Jane. PLEASE FIX

Message 10 of 14 (862 Views)