[FIXED] [V] [CL] NPC Sims dress strangely

by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] [CL] NPC Sims dress strangely

Hero

Were you able to narrow it down to which one is causing the issue ?

Did it stopp completely or for club outfits or festival ? Festival and vampire pass-bys are a vanilla game issue but I don't know about the club outfits

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 92 (1,574 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is happening to me too. I noticed it first with the Romance Festival when sims showed up in somewhat festival-appropriate clothing with bizarre accessories (mostly hair towels for women, space helmets for men IIRC), but then some of them changed outfits and kept the bizarre accessories. It's not in any saved outfits in CAS. I have City Living and do not have Vampires.

Message 62 of 92 (1,385 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Mine are now wearing costumes as well.

09-08-17_10-43-57 PM.png

Maaike Ha'as during a vampire walk-by situation in Willow Creek.

09-08-17_10-44-36 PM.png

Lilith Vatore in a Vampire Walk-by situational outfit in Willow Creek.

Bob Pancakes runs around in a pink raccoon (or was it bear) outfit.  Several have chef hats, sombreros, doctor caps or the high level Scientist hat as well as the knight helmet and llama head.  Their outfits are just so bizarre!  I remember when Vampires first came out, the situational walk-by outfits made sense.  Now I feel like the insane asylum down the road is missing half their inmates and they jacked a costume shop on their way out.  And yes, from what I can see, every single one of them has every single accessory slot filled.

Edit:  Forgot to mention that I have not been to San Myshuno at all in this save.

Message 63 of 92 (1,376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
THIS DRESSING/SITUATION BUG IS NOT CITYLIVING RELATED.
As I already posted in july, I have uninstalled CL in April because of all the bugs this EP has. After that I made a complete new install of Origin and ALL my Sims games and I started a fresh clean game and save. I can assure you that this dressing issue bug is also present in my game WITHOUT CITYLIVING. So stop blaming CityLiving for the dressing bug. It was a recent patch update after April that broke the dressup/situation generator.
Message 64 of 92 (1,363 Views)

Hero

Do you have the vampire pack ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 65 of 92 (1,354 Views)

★ Pro
Yes @crinrict I do have Vampire.
Message 66 of 92 (1,345 Views)

Hero
Then it's probably cause by vasmpires for you. Could be either pack hence v and cl in the title

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 67 of 92 (1,342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
I'm sure it's not CL since I do not have it installed.

ETA: I have just talked to my neighbors daugther. She just recently purchased Sims4. She does NOT HAVE CityLiving nor Vampires, but does also have this dressing issue since she had to patch the game in order to play.
Another proof that this bug is not related to the installed packs but to a patch that broke the entire dressing situation system.

My brother has not patched nor played since before April and does not have the dressing bug. I have posted this in a previous post.
Message 68 of 92 (1,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's probably several factors. Identified causes are

• Festivals (CL)
  • Vampire Walk By (V)
  • Tragic Clown (which has it's own thread)

Each of those instances are treated separately. Could you check with your neighbors daughter if it's maybe the tragic clown for them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 92 (1,312 Views)

★ Pro
I have never seen the Clown in my game.
Will check if my neighbor has.
Message 70 of 92 (1,396 Views)