[FIXED] [V] [CL] NPC Sims dress strangely

by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

Re: Weirdest outfits middle of the night [Photo Proof]

★★ Guide

Hi @PerrywinkPuncake,

Midnight clothing styles which would override non-played sims' default clothing were introduced in City Living, and the reason for this is to create immersion/faux stories for the surroundings. Sims wandering around may dress like they've been to an Irish party/bar, or like homeless people/animal and rummage through public trash cans. If Vampires is installed, there's one more option – vamp-ish clothing. Unfortunately as I mentioned above, the tagging system might have been messed up, causing these clothing to go haywire.

Message 51 of 92 (1,934 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] [CL] NPC Sims dress strangely

★★★★★ Novice

I have same issue

They are also featured in the Forgotten Hollow, Oasis Springs. I hate to see. T.T.

Message 52 of 92 (1,893 Views)

Weird Festival Attire....

★★★ Novice

So, I don't really know if it's a bug or not, maybe it's because of one of the mods I have, but lately sims have been wearing strange outfits to the festivals (except for geekcon and the flea market). Like for the Romance Festival, instead of wearing the pink and white counterparts for their usual outfits (like Lily Feng wearing the pink version of her dress), they all just wear basically ANYTHING pink or white. I don't think they wear any of the cc I've downloaded. Just weird things.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 53 of 92 (1,868 Views)

Re: Weird Festival Attire....

Hero

Hi @overtale

it's a common bug.

I've merged your post with the bug thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 92 (1,859 Views)

Re: Space - Knight Helmet

★★ Guide
Yup I have this issue. Sims just pop up in the park extra wearing strange outfits. Like swimsuits, chefs hats together for example. It makes it weird lol
Message 55 of 92 (1,829 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm having this bug too.

Annoying.

03-08-17_21-16-59.png

Message 56 of 92 (1,810 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yuck SAME. Same same saaaame is all I can say.

This is the situational wear that you cannot edit that the sims keep wearing after a festival etc. It bother me sooooo much! They are over the top ugly and all over the place, I had to install MC Dresser module to contain the problem. It would be so cool if we could edit the festival wear and actually have the sims get out of them once the festival is over. But they love to keep wearing it all over my neighborhood. I hope for a fix soon. It was fun the first simday, when seeing the menacing vampire Vladislaus Straud wearing a mix of all kinds of awful clothes and accessories. But eventually every sim in town that ever visited a festival would keep wearing their awful situational outfit all the time. They mainly wear them walking around the neighborhood (even played sims not just NPCs) but if you'd invite them over or visit them they'd go back to their normal clothes. But once walking around town they're more likely to wear the situational outfit.

Message 57 of 92 (1,805 Views)

Hero (Retired)

In my cause it is much worse because it  applies  to my active sims.

After the last patch, there is a problem with the clothes of club members. When the meeting is starting suddenly members are dressed randomly. There are my active sims - no NPC. Dressed and saved in CAS before the game. In spite of this they are dressed in some hideous clothes and in the option of "change dress" this ugly dress is shown as the correct dress previously chosen in the CAS, so you can not even change it ! 
It is probably connected with the clothes of such well known characters arriving at festivals - like Mortimer or Bella - recently in my game Bella has knight's headgear and Mortimer is disguised as a Death.
But as far it above is even funny, It is no longer funny when it concerns my sims family. When I see that my guy is swimming in a pool dressed in trousers and shirt....
They are active sims from three of my active households. It doesn't matter which family I choose at the moment to manage. And this one under the mouse and others will be dressed randomly when meeting will be start.
I don't have CC - only last version MC Dreadpole but even if I take out folder mods from game the problem will be still existing

Message 58 of 92 (1,731 Views)

Hero

Do you have an assigned Club outfit ? Have you checked on that '

Did you remove the mod and then they were newly messed up ? Most of the time, remove mods doesn't change clothing that's already messed up. 

Is it after changing active households that you see this issue or while you are playing said family ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 92 (1,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@crinrict

Hi,

I remove all the mods and my game stopped to assign random outfits (Situation outfit).

The mods were :

• Teleport Any Sim
  • Show Sim Info
  • Enable Debug Cheat
  • TwistedMexi's Club Points Cheat
Message 60 of 92 (1,700 Views)