[FIXED] [V] [CL] NPC Sims dress strangely

by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] [CL] NPC Sims dress strangely

Hero

Hi @knazzer

The tragic clown has a thread here: Tragic Clown doesn't wear outfit anymore (yours hehe)

The living statue here: Living Statue no longer has gold face paint (merged your other post in here)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 92 (2,560 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The middle and the right are my own Sims showing up to the romance festival. They do not have those clothes normally. It keeps happening with random llama hats and all manner of accessories. When the Sim on the right called up my household to hang out, (different time), he popped up with those weird goggles he has on, and they met up and he was in his strange outfit. But when I look at him or other actual townies who show up in weird attire, they all have their regular clothes I've either adjusted, or just kept as is.

Message 42 of 92 (2,535 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This problem irks me but is not a game-breaker yet for me, although in my game it is pretty bad as well. From what I have seen festivals (City Living) was the main reason to spawn those crazy dressing sims. Festivals somehow seem to have distinct attire styles assigned to them (e.g., llama suit, hero suit for Geek Con.). Very much like clubs (Get Together) attires can be assigned by style, which prompt members to switch to anything of that style when in a gathering. I am taking a wild guess that the style tags on clothing might have been messed up in the CAS invocation process, therefore causing festival (or any other situations that requires an assigned one) attire not working properly.

If the team is reading this, it may be a direction for investigation.

Message 43 of 92 (2,507 Views)

★ Pro
@samsam713

Quote LuvMySimz from June 17th:

"A couple of month ago I uninstalled CL because of all the bugs this EP has brought into my game. I started a total new game after that. So far I would say that this issue is not CL related because I too have this very annoying dressing bug wihout CL."

Maybe it started with CL but even without the EP the dressing problem persist.
Message 44 of 92 (2,500 Views)

★★ Guide

Oh right, that was what I meant. The attire tagging system was messed up somehow, and the design of festivals made the issue apparent. Because before CL, at least to my knowledge, there was no event/situation that applies attire styles to NPCs/townies other than club system (which you choose themes like BoHo, Rocker, etc.).

Message 45 of 92 (2,494 Views)

★ Pro
I just recently found out that my brother who live in New Zealand, has not played his game since April due to his work schedule nor has he patched his game since. I asked him the other day (if he finds the time) to turn off Origin to prevent any further patch update and to check his game if he has those dressing issues. Yesterday he called telling me that this weird dressing issue is not present in his game. He does not have CL but does have Vampires and everything else before CL. He last patched his game in April. So this is proof to me that the bug came with a patch after April and has nothing to do with CL, mods or CC. But having CL installed just makes everything worse.
I remember the bad CAS issue we just recently had and as @samsam713 says, this dressing bug sure looks like the tagged CAS stuff for situation is messed up.
Message 46 of 92 (2,470 Views)

★ Apprentice

That happens to me too but I just leave them alone cause NPC sims are weird haha

Message 47 of 92 (2,464 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have this problem, too, and I do not use custom content or mods. I only have EA packs and content. I started noticing it at festivals, but I see this bug other places -- I think mostly San Myshuno, but not only during festivals. Or I'll go visit a played household after not playing for a bit, and I can only assume my Sims have gone off to some lot because they're wearing a crazy outfit I never chose. And I notice it frequently with my played Sims, not random townies, so I know they have a full set of outfits I chose for them. I see everything from random outfits to partial costumes and always tons of accessories. Today I went to a Sim's house -- my Sim -- and she was wearing the top of the hot dog costume lol, with a skirt, pink leggings, a floral top and high heels. I'm new to the forum but if I can provide any further helpful information besides what others already have written, please let me know. I've seen several people attribute this to Parenthood, but I do not own that pack, so I don't know :/

Message 48 of 92 (2,390 Views)

Weirdest outfits middle of the night [Photo Proof]

★ Apprentice
Am I missing something? Why does Sims wear the weirdest things in the middle of night?

The Llama one is really weird, and she is my best friend.

The first one is both vampires I believe.
Message 49 of 92 (2,381 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here, really killing my eyes.

Message 50 of 92 (2,356 Views)