[FIXED] [V] [CL] NPC Sims dress strangely

by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

Re: Space - Knight Helmet

★★★★ Novice
I really bothering me to be honest. I enjoy realistic gameplay with storylines and all and seeing all of my Sims in those weird outfits is really annoying and takes away from the realism.
Message 21 of 92 (18,133 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [V] [CL] NPC Sims dress strangely

★ Guide

I am having the same issue. I have so many images it isn't funny of ugly dressed Sims. 

I have a clean game just installed on my new computer and no Custom content. My game is patched, it is very annoying. I hope it gets fixed soon. 

I tried to edit their clothes in Cas using cas.fulleditmode cheat but the clothes that they are wearing aren't there and some of them aren't vampires.

Crazy OutFits.jpg

Message 22 of 92 (18,114 Views)

Just adding my voice here hoping this (which I know from Twitter has been reproduced by QA) gets fixed soon. It's hugely immersion-breaking, and that means every single Sim night or during any festival. At some point it's going to get really tiresome avoiding the outdoors at nighttime and during festivals and it becomes almost as much of a disincentive to playing as my late-in-Sims-3 stuttering was.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 23 of 92 (18,071 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hey,

This issue is very prominent in my new save/game I started a week back, I've never seen so many oddly generated sims, my old game never did this, something must of changed to generate this. Eek

Message 24 of 92 (18,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Same thing happens in my game, I'll add a few examples of random walk-by. One of them is one of my own Sims, the others are Maxis premades. none of them ordinarily wear such a ridiculous amount of accessories.

I've also seen several Sims during the Spice Festival wearing gladiator helmets and whatnot. I know Sims dress differently during festivals (a feature I wished they'd remove), but not like this.

All started happening since the 25 May patch.

I'll test in a vanilla game (I do use a couple of script mods) but I doubt it'll fix it.

Message 25 of 92 (18,024 Views)

★ Guide

I did some testing in a vanilla game and the issue is still there. Most prominent at festivals, but also during the night time/early hours of the morning, I'm seeing a lot of sims walk by in weird outfits that aren't their regular outfits.

Also, a lot of game generated Sims seem to be wearing an excess of accessories even with their regular clothing.

I haven't spotted premades in weird outfits outside of festivals yet, but I've only played for two simdays.

Putting some example images from a game generated townie that was wearing an outfit, during the night, that wasn't one of his regular outfits. He did wear his normal everyday outfit during the day (with a lot of accessories still).

Message 26 of 92 (18,002 Views)

★ Guide

And I've also got Diego Lobo and Morgan Fyres during the Humor & Hijinks festival - they're wearing one or more things from each separate accessory category. The non-premade townies who actively participated in the festivities wore similarly weird outfits.

Message 27 of 92 (18,000 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I wanted to add from my own testing that this seems to be affecting wanna be vampires, festival goers, randomly generated sims AND career outfits.   All of these have tags broken somehow and it happened before the parenthood patch.  The patch just made the issue worse.  It also has broken CAS CC items so that it ignores having the "allow for random" deselected.   The randomly generated weirdo in the screens has 3 CC items on.  All three items have "allow for random" deselected for every color option.  The game still put those items on the SIm. The issue is across the board with CAS accessory items whether they are game or CC.  I hope this is corrected quickly.  

Message 28 of 92 (17,994 Views)

Hero

The career outfits have issues for a while now.

Thread on it is here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/UNDER-INVESTIGATION-Random-clothing-after-promotion-...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 29 of 92 (17,991 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you, I'll click "me, too" on that one as well.  

I made myself a mod that stops sims from changing into festival goers and wannabe vampires (they change into party wear instead) so I hadn't noticed that the accessory tags for these outfits were broken till yesterday.    I posted about the CC Items hoping that it might help pinpoint the issue since it seems to be something broken in that area where the game is ignoring "allow for random".

Message 30 of 92 (17,989 Views)