[FIXED] [V] [CL] NPC Sims dress strangely

by LadyDarkSorrow

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] [CL] NPC Sims dress strangely

★★ Novice

09-11-17_1-07-40 PM.png

I have the same issue and it's super annoying. It used to be fun to send my sims to festivals but now I avoid them because everyone dresses in the weirdest outfits and it totally ruins the game for me. They really need to fix this quick because it's not fun at all. It feels like someone at EA is bored of their work and trolling the players.

Message 71 of 92 (1,351 Views)

★★ Guide

5 months on and this is STILL happening?! It is SO off-putting. Please EA, fix it quick.

Message 72 of 92 (1,336 Views)

Forced Outfits

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? TS4 Limited Edition, City Living, Parenthood, Vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch/Look at Townies
What happens when the bug occurs? The Townies aren't affecting the game, but they show up in completely out of the ordinary outfits. Even to events, for ex- more than 2 invited Sims showed up in swimsuits for a formal event.
What do you expect to see? The townies in average, less cringy/aggravating outfits for normal settings, before I installed City living, Parenthood and Vampires.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

(NOTE: I took these when my CC was installed. I've since uninstalled/took them off but the townies still wear weird outfits.)

09-15-17_9-59-28 PM.png

09-15-17_9-59-57 PM.png

Message 73 of 92 (1,324 Views)

Re: Forced Outfits

Champion

@KarinkatoTezu, pretty much everybody has this problem and you are right in that it is not CC or Mods related (although it is always a good idea to take that out to make sure that isn't the problem!)  

I think it has to do with the patch that came out around the time of the Vampires pack.  Townies now have to wear an item from every single category!SickTongue outDisappointed

While funny at first, after several months of this it is getting ridiculous.  In the last picture the woman on the right is supposed to be the Tragic Clown, but she only has the Tragic Clown hair and not the costume. Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 74 of 92 (1,311 Views)

Hero

Hi @KarinkatoTezu

merged your post with existing thread on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 75 of 92 (1,302 Views)

Re: Space - Knight Helmet

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, in my games sims dress like freaks at festivals, but only at festivals

Message 76 of 92 (1,288 Views)

★★★ Novice

Oh jeez, that's not good. It is getting really ridiculous though, I'd like to have normal sims in my backgrounds :')))
Also, I had seen some posts about it, (didn't see this thread though!) and many were complaining that not enough attention was being brought to it, so I just came in to help since I was too experiencing the problem. 
I hope they fix everything soon!! D:

Message 77 of 92 (1,241 Views)

★★★ Novice

also thanks @crinrict !

Message 78 of 92 (1,240 Views)

"situation" outfits getting out of control

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except for Romantic Garden SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I play in San Myshuno, it's visible especially at night.
What happens when the bug occurs? Townies walk by in ridiculous outfits – and it's not just about excessive accessories (MC CC calls them "situation" outfits).
What do you expect to see? Normal outfits for non-weirdo townies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. August patch I think?

Attaching photo of Summer Holiday in her girl-around-town getup.

Message 79 of 92 (1,182 Views)

★ Guide

Yes this has been happening to me as well and right now you have to rely on a mod mod command center to fix things. Sad EA won't fix bugs in its games and relies on modders to do it for them. Are they owned by Bethesda? XD

Seriously though its annoying and has to be fixed.

Message 80 of 92 (2,714 Views)