Re: [OPEN] [V] [CL] NPC Sims dress strangely

by Sivany Bright

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've started having this problem within the last week or so too. 1/4 are wearing costume hats. Not the entire costume, just the hat parts. I have about 8 Darth Mauls walking around in different clothing (only way I can identify who it is) and now I'm starting to get Sims wearing hoods with their normal clothes.

What's interesting (or not) is some of these are my own Sims I used to play who never wore those costumes before. They show up anywhere wearing them, lounge, romance festival, even the fancy llama restaurant. I can use my current Sim and "Ask to see Outfit" to ask to see their everyday outfit and they'll usually change and the hat goes away, but sooner or later I'll see them again wearing it again. I've asked one Sim to change twice and here he is again Darth Mauling it at my front door.

It started with just one (my old Sim I didn't play anymore), then spread to more (NPCs) and I'm starting to see them more often as time goes on.

No mods

edit: Tried updating and repairing many times (trying to fix other issues...) and it hasn't helped at all.

edit again: Now I'm seeing Sims wearing gloves that never wore gloves before.

Message 81 of 92 (2,737 Views)

Re: Space - Knight Helmet

★★★ Apprentice

This is even more random on Vampires. As in the "wannabe" vampires generated by the game have completely random outfits. Looks horrible. And actual vampires get "midnight clothing" that are far more random than festival goers.

Message 82 of 92 (2,670 Views)

★ Pro
Most of my vampires walk around with gloves and the chef hat. The whole random clothing on all NPC's has gotten out of hand.
Message 83 of 92 (2,671 Views)

★★★ Novice

Took advantage of the sale and came back to this mess.. wow. I had last played in February.. and sad to see this has been happening since MAY.

Like others, people are walking around in all kinds of crazy outfits. It's breaking my immersion so bad..

What's the ETA on getting this fixed??

Message 84 of 92 (2,662 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this problem. I have base game, Holiday, and Vampires only. It happens anywhere and can happen to any sim not in the household I am currently controlling. Some are vampires, but most are not. Some are homeless, some are townies, some are sims I created or downloaded who are in houses both played and unplayed. They wear an item from every category, and I'm very sick of all the stupid hats and glasses and random-colored gloves that make them look like they're about to use industrial cleansers. They ruin my weddings. They make it hard to recognize sims on the street. It doesn't happen all the time, but mainly when sims are just roaming about town, but not jogging.

I don't have and have never had any mods or cc.

Message 85 of 92 (2,648 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yup, I've definitely been having this problem, too. It's especially prevalent in festivals. Although sometimes I see my townies randomly walking down the street in clothes like that as well. Interestingly, when I go into CAS to try and change their clothes, the outfit is nowhere to be seen. In that case, there is no reason that they should be wearing those clothes! I have all packs and expansions.

Message 86 of 92 (2,637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Lorraine-Simmer

Yes that is the worst part that bother me the most. Those random situation outfits can't be editted because they do not show up on your Sim in CAS. However, I do understand that EA is busy working on Cats&Dogs, but for the sake of all the Customers (spoiled) fun it's about time for a fix!

Message 87 of 92 (2,613 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar problem. Haven't noticed it at a festival though. I have get to work, city living, and vampires. I live in  forgotten hollow and an npc who I had changed in CAS previously was walking around wearing this random outfit. When I brought her back into CAS her outfits were fine, she was just wearing something she didn't own? The only other time so far is my daughter went to school in normal clothes and came back in a random outfit that was not in her CAS. I guess her and a friend decided to switch clothes? I get that right now it's not a big deal, but if it gets as bad as everyone elses games it would be an issue. I don't want to show up to a festival and have to force several sims to change out of their space helmets and fancy gloves...

Message 88 of 92 (2,547 Views)

★★★★ Pro

All NPC Sims in Forgotten Hollow wear absurd clothes at night. A workaround is to ask them to show your Sim their everyday outfit. This workaround does unfortunately not work at the Spice or Joke festivals because the NPCs will change back to their crazy outfits.

Message 89 of 92 (2,536 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Is this issue ever going to be fixed? Is anyone from EA ever going to acknowledge this is an issue? I don't even have the Vampire pack or any custom content and my sims are wearing the most ridiculous things to festivals. It's nothing to do with the supposed "themes" either, they just have on a random collection of junk. They need to just switch this back so everyone wears their everyday outfit to festivals.

Message 90 of 92 (3,244 Views)