Ridiculous clothing epidemic

by ShellSh0ck

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] [CL] NPC Sims dress strangely

★★★ Guide

I think this is definately related to vampires. It happens when a vampire calls from forgotten hollow or when playing in the forgotten hollow and with sims that live in the forgotten hollow.

Message 31 of 92 (7,356 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

This is definitely not just happening with vampires, although this is definitely a serious problem with late night vampire walkby situations. It's also festival goers and tourists are not wearing the hat they used to wear - now it's just any old random hat.

These outfits don't show up in CAS, because they're Situation outfits randomly generated by the game. I simply do not understand why such outfits are necessary and it's seriously immersion breaking and very frustrating to see your carefully made Sims wearing these ridiculous clothes you didn't give them!

Edited to add a photo of one of my own Sims being used as a vampire walkby in an outfit I definitely did not give him.

TS4_x64 2017-06-14 02-03-04.png

Message 32 of 92 (7,312 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Have had this happen with a family in their home lot.  They have not been to a festival (at least not under my control, no telling what happens with households being live even when not played), nor are they vampires.  No CC/mods, all packs installed up through bowling.  In view of what I've read in this topic am strongly inclined to not play the game until word is out that this has been fixed.  One would almost think they are deliberately trying to tick us off & drive us away from the game by constantly breaking it in never ending ways.

Message 33 of 92 (7,280 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@knazzer wrote:

Hey,

This issue is very prominent in my new save/game I started a week back, I've never seen so many oddly generated sims, my old game never did this, something must of changed to generate this. Eek

Just going to add to my original post.

- I've never been to a festival yet in my new save

- Not interacted or engaged with Vampires.

- I did also notice the Tragic Clown (First time generated in new save) no longer appears in clown clothes just randomised clothing. (See pic attached)

Message 34 of 92 (7,254 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have this same issue in my game. It's seems to really center around festivals. None of these clothes are anywhere in any of their categorized outfits, just something random they wear to a festival. I've changed them out of the offending outfit with MCCC and they've changed right back into a couple minutes later. And after my sims go to a festival, we'll then see this type of sims all over town. In my game, it is tied to the festivals. 

Apparently I can only figure out how to upload one photo. Here is bella Goth (with the white stripe in her hair from one of the many accessories she's wearing) and that's bjorn next to her on the right. 

Message 35 of 92 (7,227 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro
A couple of month ago I uninstalled CL because of all the bugs this EP has brought into my game. I started a total new game after that. So far I would say that this issue is not CL related because I too have this very annoying dressing bug wihout CL.
Message 36 of 92 (7,222 Views)

Ridiculous clothing epidemic

★★★★ Apprentice

I DO NOT USE MODS OR CUSTOM CONTENT.

I feel kinda silly posting this because it's such a superficial issue, but it's starting to make taking screenshots in public areas of the game pretty much impossible.

I notice this particularly at the San Myshuno romance festival, but sims are showing up all over the place in frankly ridiculous outfits.  Vampire NPCs are another common culprit.  Bright green llama heads, pirate hats, mismatched costume pieces.  Literally not one NPC at the Romance Festival is ever dressed in a realistic or even reasonable way, and it really kinda breaks the mood.

Can there be limits on what NPCs are "randomly" dressed in?  Maybe only full-body outfits allowed, and no hats or glasses?  Or can Maxis do better at "tagging" clothes that are meant for humor/costume purposes and not have everyone in the backdrop of every screenshot dressed, well, like this?

https://twitter.com/tazreentasnim/status/878739899238633473

To make matters worse, if I visit a San Myshuno festival even once, unplayed households permanently seem to be switched to their weird pirate-hat ensembles or whatever.  Even played sims.  I rotate between families and when I get back to say, the Fyres household I can tell that Dominic has been to the romance festival because suddenly he's in a pirate hat and pink sunglasses.

I DO NOT USE MODS OR CUSTOM CONTENT.

Message 37 of 92 (7,128 Views)

Re: Ridiculous clothing epidemic

Hero

Hi @ShellSh0ck

I've merged your post with existing report on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 92 (7,115 Views)

★★ Pro

For players who use mods or are willing to try, MC Command Center has an update today (in the Dresser module, to be specific) to replace Situation outfits with the outfit category of the player's choosing. The current outfit replacement options are for the festivals in San Myshuno, vampires (like the late night walkbys), and dates.

I tested this myself prior to the public release and I can confirm it works great. Till an official solution is found, if ever, this is a viable workaround. It does not fix the Tragic Clown though. You can Google Deaderpool and MC Command Center for the link to his Tumblr to get a download link.

Message 39 of 92 (7,080 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This is getting out of hand now with the silly outfits, it's not only affecting townies, but also Tragic clowns and the gold living statues that came with City Living.

Message 40 of 92 (7,050 Views)