[FIXED] Using CAS on lot resets to different lot

by reboot2019

Original Post

Re: Walk In Closet resets

Hero

So you need to have two Sims away from home and on different lots for it to occur ? can't check the game till tomorrow

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 21 (739 Views)

★★ Guide

No, you can test it even with only two sims in your household however I'm suggesting that you test it with 4+ so the result can be easily analyzed. The point is that it's not looking at the active sim when you select the closet object so it returns you to the 'current zone' entry for the first sim in the array. Just send a few sims to separate destinations and you'll see that it loads whichever lot the oldest sim has been sent to. This obviously does not occur if there is only one sim in the household since there is only one entry for the current location.

Message 12 of 21 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Please don't forget to test this.

Problem:

While having more than one sim in your household, if a sim which is not the sim with the oldest object ID is sent to a community lot where a closet exists and the user attempts to change the outfit of a sim which is not a member of the active household, the user is returned to the lot where the oldest sim is present after saving changes to the 'neighbor' sim's outfit.

Test Procedure:

• Create a new save file by renaming "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4"
  • Place a closet on any community lot
  • Load any household with more than one sim
  • Send one sim to the community lot with the closet
  • Send each of the other household members to a separate location and note the destination for each sim
  • Return to the sim which is waiting on the lot with the closet and select "Change Outfit Of..."
  • Select any sim which is not a member of the active household
  • Edit the outfit then click OK (Huge button with check mark)

You will see that you are always returned to the lot where one specific sim has been sent. This sim is the oldest sim in your household array (has the oldest object identifier).

Message 13 of 21 (729 Views)

Hero

Test 1:

1. Sent the youngest Sim to the Pan Europa lot
  2. Sent the oldest Sim to the Ruins
  3. Switched back to the youngest Sim
  4. Had him change a NPCs outfit
  5. Stayed on the Pan Europe Lot

Test 2

1. Sent the youngest Sim to the Narwhal Arms
  2. Had him change NPCs outfit
  3. Stayed on Narwhal Arms lot
  4. Placed a new wardrrobe
  5. Same result

Test 3

1. Sent the oldest Sim back home and choose the middle one to the Shrieking Llama
  2. Placed a wardrobe
  3. Had a NPC change outfit
  4. Was returned to Narwhal's Arms where the youngest Sim was still positioned
  5. Oldest Sim was also teleported to the Narwhal's Arms (no she's not in a club)

Test 4

1. Started a new game
  2. Placed a new family
  3. Sent the middle child to Narwhal's Arms
  4. Had her change an NPC clothing
  5. Was teleported back to the home lot and oldest Sim was active.

So, that was my tests.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 21 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I've just run five additional tests with two households and I've dumped the sim object identifiers so you can see the correlation. Household 2 was used for the first four tests and Household 1 for the final test since I've used Household 1 for the initial test. In each test I've placed the members of each household on random lots throughout the world in different neighborhoods and in every case the lot where the sim with the oldest object identifier has been sent is the lot which I am returned to:

Household 1
===========

216176111160393823 Eliza Pancakes
764489382074253459 Plethora Jalowitz

Household 2
===========

764489382074253455 Yelena Gabrielsun
 764489382074253456 Holly Gabrielsun
 764489382074253457 Magdalen Moon
 764489382074253458 Quanta Jalowitz
1065104640786759691 Noelani Langsford
1065104640786759692 Barbara L'Amour
1065104640786759693 Eternity Charvat

In this list of IDs you can clearly see that Eliza Pancakes and Yelena Gabrielsun have the lowest (oldest) object identifiers. These IDs are generated when the sim is first created, they are globally unique, and they can never be changed. You'll also notice that Plethora Jalowitz has an ID which is sequential to the first four from Household 2 and this is because she was created as a member of Household 2 then moved into Household 1.

From the test we can conclude that the oldest sim ID is retrieved when the 'current zone' is queried during the "Change Outfit For..." interaction. To solve the problem, the object containing the "Change Outfit" function for closet objects must be overridden in a new package (also known as a patch to us laymen).

Message 15 of 21 (706 Views)

Hero

Did you think there was another solution other than a mod or fix ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 21 (696 Views)

★★ Guide

Unfortunately, the problem indicates that they've selected the household array rather than the active sim and the first result is the oldest ID therefore the only effective solution is to edit the function and this will require an update. You'll just have to inform users that they should either determine which sim is the 'oldest' or bring all sims onto the current lot if they don't want to be sent to another location after editing.

Message 17 of 21 (693 Views)

★ Pro

This is also happening with the "plan outfit" option in the sim's home, I discovered today.

Lot being played is a Maxis home with premade family, Bjergsen in Windenburg.  There is a Fashionista closet on the lot.  Bjorn, dad, was at work and the two girls were at school.  Had mom "plan outfit" and when she exited the closet it felt like a little jump.  I clicked on her to change her into the new outfit and saw interactions in lieu of the option.  Looking at the UI showed Bjorn as selected sim.  I think it didn't bounce the camera to his location only because he was at work.

That night, mom at work, Bjorn and youngest girl were sleeping.  I had teen "plan outfit" and after CAS exit loading screen, the camera was on the sleeping dad showing him as selected sim.

Next morning I sent him to fish at nearby spot.  Not a travel to lot, one he could run to.  Had youngest daughter "plan outfit" and again after CAS exit the camera was on Bjorn and he was shown as selected sim in the UI.  It also caused him to drop from fishing but he wasn't frozen.  I could easily have him start fishing again.

This is a new game started after the 2/4/16 patch but I did install Romantic Garden SP yesterday.  No mods or cc.

Message 18 of 21 (677 Views)

★★ Guide

@dolldrms1 Thanks for the follow-up. This is effectively the same problem however after editing the active sim, focus is switched to the sim with the oldest ID without any attempt to load another lot, even if the sim isn't present.

Message 19 of 21 (669 Views)

★ Pro

Thank you for clarifying @ForestNinja0.  I had not read this thread when it happened and it's disconcerting when control of your active sim is suddenly wrenched away from you.  At least now I know to expect it.

Message 20 of 21 (657 Views)