Re: Unselectable Items in Household Inventory

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Unselectable Items in Household Inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Issue

My Sim had a plant cutting (Onion plant, if it matters) in her inventory when she died (old age), along with several other items (mostly fossils).  Upon her death, all of her personal inventory items were moved into the Household Inventory despite there being other, active Sims on the lot.

I was able to retrieve the fossils from the household inventory and set them on the ground to later be added to the personal inventory of another Sim.

But I cannot give the plant cutting to any other Sim.  I can move it out of the Household Inventory into the world, but from there I cannot interact with it.  I am not able to drag it into a Sim's inventory, nor can I drop it on a Sim to give it to them.  There is no interaction option to "Pick up" the item or "Put in Inventory".   To be clear: The mouse cannot interact with the item in Live Mode.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Have a Sim.  Have Sim learn gardening.

Have Sim take a cutting of a plant.

Have Sim die.  Tragic death optional.  Have Sim's inventory moved to Household inventory.

Attempt to give plant cutting to another Sim.  Fail.

Picture

No image available.  It would literally be a picture of a random plant cutting sitting on a tile of floor or a desk or something.

Where does the bug occur ?

I only have one save file.  I assume this is less of a bug and more of a "you just need to delete/sell the cutting and get on with your (Sims') life."  But I'd really like to be able to know that plant cuttings not used before untimely death would still be able to be used by other Sims.

Mods/CC

I have no mods/CC installed.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

I have all currently available EP/GP/SP except for City Living.  Game is patched to most recent release.

Operating system

Windows 10.

Message 1 of 4 (1,943 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

We fixed an issue that could result in object ownership issues when moving objects out of the household inventory onto a new lot after moving or merging in with a new family.
  • In this case, the ownership of the object determined whether or not the player was allowed to move the object out of the inventory. The game thought the active household did not own the objects, and thus prevented the player from using them.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,681 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO ADD] Unselectable Items in Household Inventory

[ Edited ]
Hero

I changed your title a bit

I for example have a stuck uncooked burger in mine (got transferred there when coming home from granite Falls)

It's absolutely normal though, that things get transferred to your family inventory and not Sims Inventory.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (1,910 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (1,897 Views)

Hero

We fixed an issue that could result in object ownership issues when moving objects out of the household inventory onto a new lot after moving or merging in with a new family.
  • In this case, the ownership of the object determined whether or not the player was allowed to move the object out of the inventory. The game thought the active household did not own the objects, and thus prevented the player from using them.

This issue should be fixed with Patch 1.36

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (1,682 Views)