Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Unmodded PC - Time Reset / Progress Lost

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Dream Hoem Decorator, Jungle Adventure, My Wedding Stories, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Journey to Batuu, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party, My First Pet, Paranormal Stuff, Perfect Patio, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I had a child sim age up into a teenager. I saved my game. I had the now teen sim plan outfits using her dresser. CAS opens and the sim is a child again. When I exit CAS the day is set back four days to the initial save I opened this morning.
What happens when the bug occurs? The time goes back to an old save despite having saved since then. Sims ages all go back a few days and the teen sim goes back to a child sim.
What do you expect to see? My teen sims should be editable in CAS and time should not reset to four days prior.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Does anyone else have a bug that resets their game to their last save despite you saving since then? I have aged my sims up naturally twice from child to sim and since then, when I try to go into CAS to change her outfits using plan outfits with her dresser, she shows up in CAS as a child again! When I exit CAS, time has reset to my original save from this morning. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 82 (26,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Unmodded PC - Time Reset / Progress Lost

Community Manager

Hey all,

This issue was resolved in Patch 1.91.205.1020.

With this fix, if you are still having any issues with saving after this update, please report it to the thread here.

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 82 of 82 (4,519 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: game day/time resets back after every load transition

★★★ Novice

Unmodded repaired games keeps happening. I have started 4 saves. it has messed up my calendar where proms are happening on random days of the week and events are trigger at random hours of the day. 

Message 2 of 82 (12,247 Views)

Re: game day/time resets back after every load transition

★★★★★ Novice

I've been having this problem. Been trying a lot of things. Fresh folder, playing without mods, but still losing progress no mater what I do. Also lost all my werewolf ability points. Luckily I have backup saves so I can just revert once EA fixes this mess.

Message 3 of 82 (12,283 Views)

Losing Progress after Entering/Exiting CAS

★★★ Newbie

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, Cats and Dogs, Vampires, University, City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Changing things in build/buy, entering CAS, exiting CAS
What happens when the bug occurs? Changing things in build/buy, saving, entering CAS, and exiting CAS will cause all changes to revert. 
What do you expect to see? Being able to change things in the game and count on my saves to go back to
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Yes, after the newest patch. Never had this issue before

I spent two hours renovating my sim's house in del sol valley, saved my progress, and went to go edit a sim who had (naturally) aged up after I had made changes. After returning to live mode, the house had reverted back to the way it was previously, although the sim was still aged up. I then exited my game without saving, went back to the save I had made after changing it and my progress was still reversed. This happened to me on a small scale earlier today, but I assumed I had forgotten to save. This time it was a ton of progress that I have lost.

Message 4 of 82 (12,309 Views)

Re: Game not saving

★ Guide

I'm not sure why everyone is saying it's a mod, I'm not playing with mods and I have the issue. The mod may also make it happen, but it's not the only cause.

Message 5 of 82 (12,065 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Game doesn't save/Time reset on transition/Progress lost

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try saving lol
What happens when the bug occurs? I save and exit, save as and exit, then when I reload the game the progress sets back to the previous Thursday every time. No matter how much time elapses I am still stuck on Thursday. xD
What do you expect to see? Being able to progress in the game? lol
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.90's first update broke this and the new patch from today August 2nd continued the same issue.

I was just in game with the patch from today, all packs etc, and none of my progress will save. So I am having the same issues as everyone else in this thread. This is on a new save for the high school pack that just came out. I could save prior to patch 1.90.

Message 6 of 82 (11,926 Views)

Re: [MOD ISSUE] Game doesn't save/Time reset on transition/(Part) Progress lost

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Still broken after many many MANY tries of the workarounds. All mods removed, repaired, and fresh folder, still same issue. It's very troublesome and unmotivating to even play the game. It's seriously no fun anymore. The excitement is gone and what is left to fill that void is disappointment.. 

Message 7 of 82 (11,753 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Here is an unmodded save in which the bug occurred. I let two sim days run before it presented itself. During that time, I used several previous triggers (CAS, world edit, save, main menu, etc.) and kept repeating this until the bug presented itself. Seemed to be at random. Still working on this, hope it helps for now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tlsq1_Dq0piemmEmaPMJ7Mz39LI2_Vpt/view?usp=sharing 

Message 8 of 82 (11,137 Views)

Re: CAS messes with save files?

★★★★★ Novice

with no mods and not as often but i still get the bug randomly going between cas, manage worlds and exiting im sending my mod free save game with the issues to the link in comment #269 i think it was 

Message 9 of 82 (10,807 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Spoke to a friend who is also a simmer. She has base game w her only EP being seasons and no mods or CC, so when she wasn’t experiencing this I thought it might be HSY or my mods. Today she came to me and told me that she’s now experiencing the bug and she still hasn’t bought any packs, nor has she ever been one to use mods like me. This gave me a little faith knowing that it’s a base game issue and not player issue. Just hope it gets noticed soon!

Message 10 of 82 (11,088 Views)