Sims dropping into floor with a splash?!

by Thankful0212

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Underwater Flip Animation outside water

★ Guide

I have seen this in my games too - but was not always sitting - just recently happened with vampire I am playing - was standing by his front stairs and then was suddenly in the ground as if in a pool.

Message 21 of 51 (1,267 Views)

★ Guide

My sim married Theo Wright and he does this every time he sits down to eat.  Doesn't matter what table or chair he sits down in, it can even be when he eats on the couch and he is the only sim out of 2 elders, 2 young adults and 1 child in that household that does this.   It's so odd.  I even hear the sound of water splashing and he appears to have jumped off the diving platform. 

Message 22 of 51 (1,248 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Yes, I've had this issue, with and without use of mods. (always happening with the 'dream big'  basketball interaction during some other activity) It may be also tied into having the active trait , as I don't recall any of my sims that do not have the trait doing this.

Message 23 of 51 (1,231 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can anyone who's experienced this issue share a save file with me? Much appreciated, thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 24 of 51 (1,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
This only seems to happen to my vampire and didn't happen becore the vampire pack was installed. If she's at the computer, she randomly splashes through the floor then pops up and decides to play basketball.

I also noticed she has the active trait, and goes off to Dream Big. I put the basketball hoop away snd it stopped happening.

Dez
Message 25 of 51 (1,203 Views)

★★ Novice

I noticed that any sims I have with the active trait, they will dive into the ground as if it water, the pop up in their workout gear ready to play basketball. No matter what they are doing, they will stop, dive into the ground, emerge changed, with the goal to play basketball. Is there a fix for this coming soon, because its a headache to fight with a sims to get it to go to work, or eat, or sleep when it keeps canceling and heading to play basketball. Plus that whole diving into the ground thing is creepy.

Message 26 of 51 (1,187 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick sent file. Standard smile

Message 27 of 51 (1,178 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've had this a few times.... its usually at the park from city living... the one with the basketball court. it happens while sitting at a picnic table eating.

Message 28 of 51 (1,156 Views)

★★ Guide
This is still an issue. My sim actually just did this. I think I'm gonna just get rid of the basketball court I have at his house.
Message 29 of 51 (1,138 Views)

Sims dropping into floor with a splash?!

★★★ Novice

I am having an issue where when my sims are having a chat, or giving toddler a bath, etc. they will drop down into the floor with a splash sound and bob there for a second.  When they pop back out they are suddenly in their workout clothes when they weren't previously.  Anyone know what's going on with that?

Message 30 of 51 (1,184 Views)