[FIXED] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

by loyabe

Original Post

Re: Unbreakable Upgrade Not Working on Stereos

★★★ Guide

This thread is over 6 months old....and the repairing of certain objects is still broken.  These are the latest screenshots for neon signs and stereos.

Message 71 of 131 (1,701 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

★★ Pro

I just had this happen to me recently with my Sim's upgraded robot vacuum. I cheated the funds for them to replace it. Neon signs are so bad though because of the rain that I finally had to get a mod to stop them breaking in the rain.

Message 72 of 131 (1,694 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Upgraded Stereos can not be repaired

★★ Apprentice
When I replace them, they're replaced fully upgraded as well.
Message 73 of 131 (1,681 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Upgraded Stereos can not be repaired

★★★ Guide

yup....and I like that

Message 74 of 131 (1,663 Views)

★★ Novice

Update to my post #70, upon further observation, I can confirm this issue has little to do with weather:-

• Although my stereo breaks during raining/snowing several times, there are at least two separate incidents it broke during sunny and clear weather.
  • I tested it with 2 separate different stereos, one on the edge of a wall to the exterior while the other one next to a room, far away from the exterior space. Both of them broke around the same time intervals.

Thanks to temporary workaround from post #58 above, by moving the broken stereo slightly through the build mode, the stereo repairs itself without having to be replaced.   

Message 75 of 131 (1,624 Views)

★ Novice

Have had my Firaxium Cabled stereo and Stereoed Hot Tub break on me. The Build Mode move trick "fixed" the tub... probably would have worked on the stereo but I just replaced it from the repair choices menu at the time.

Message 76 of 131 (1,541 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm Listing objects that I've encountered problems with, Sweet Escapes Country Toilet(The Unbreakable Toilet) spews everywhere, Jet Set Luxury Tub (Unbreakable) oddly I can repair it ,  The Schmapple Oven Breaks the burner goes haywire Yet these can still be repaired it a minor boon compared to the Firaxium wiring upgrades on all my stereos which I have to repurchase everytime they break. I luckly haven't encountered the issue with The Ghostwritter Disappearing Desktop or The Plasmatron 3000 Flat Screen TV.  The Only Real Issue for me is any upgrade I've installed which is supposed to be unbreakable do breaks and can't be repaired the pre-installed upgrades I've not encountered this. Oh BTW I'm on The Xbox One I'm only Running the Pets add-ons as I don't feel like wasting anymore of my money until this and a few other issues are resolved which I highly doubt.

Message 77 of 131 (1,485 Views)

EA Staff

Hi everyone!

Would any of you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!         

Message 78 of 131 (1,450 Views)

★★★ Guide

our saved files?  You mean lots?  Mine are in the gallery...but it doesn't matter the lot..it happens on all lots

Message 79 of 131 (1,430 Views)

Champion

@Nuke615 wrote:

our saved files?  You mean lots?  Mine are in the gallery...but it doesn't matter the lot..it happens on all lots

No, they mean the actual save game files. They're in the saves folder and contain your entire sim world, including all the sims in it and all the lots.

So if you save the game where you know a bug happened, like on a lot with a sim named Bob Pancakes dressed in a speedo with a broken unbreakable hot tub, and then send that save file to the SimGurus, they should be able to load up exactly the same file and see Bob standing there in a speedo next to a broken unbreakable hot tub and confirm your issue.

Message 80 of 131 (1,420 Views)