[FIXED] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

by loyabe

Original Post

Re: Repairing broken objects not working since Seasons patch

★★ Guide

It's also strange for this to happen to items that are supposedly unbreakable in the first place, such as Stereos upgraded with the Firaxium Wiring upgrade.

I haven't had this happen to my Gaming Mat or my computers, yet, though.

Even though like everything else, they've been indoors, sheltered from the elements.

Message 21 of 131 (4,305 Views)

Re: Repairing broken objects not working since Seasons patch

Hero

@xobrainiac wrote:

That seems to be a separate issue that despite objects being upgraded, an option to upgrade still exists and ends up with an endless ongoing upgrade performed by the Sim. That said e.g., the robot vacuum does not have the option available and repairs on it are broken.

Thank you!

That has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Instant-upgrade-still-an-option-when-all-upgrades-complet... but only for instant upgrades. Do you have the upgrade on all or just electronic devices ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 131 (4,294 Views)

Re: My level 10 Handiness Sim Cannot Repair Anything

★★ Apprentice

No CC or mods. So far it happens with the stereo and the vacuum.

Message 23 of 131 (4,271 Views)

help my butler broke! :(

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, game packs and some stuff packs...
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? hire a butler
What happens when the bug occurs? butler breaks unbreakable tv and keeps fixing it and fix it even if you fire him he comes back (same butler) and same occurs if your character does it he does his upkeep e.g., he eats sleeps whatever he needs to stay alive. then breaks it again
What do you expect to see? issue fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi guys me and my fiance bought seasons last week. And it broke my butler today he just keeps breaking my unbreakable tv and keeps trying to fix it over and over and does nothing else... (it started with the radio at first) I replaced the radio but the tv it could not be done because it was unbreakable. So he is stuck in this weird loop; I tried to fire him, but he keeps coming back over and over same butler and does same exact thing can someone help. I had this toon for like over a year... =( 

Message 24 of 131 (4,259 Views)

Re: help my butler broke! :(

Hero
Hi @ace4nyc

it's a general issue with upgraded electronics. Shouldn't be connected to your butler.

Merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 131 (4,237 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Upgraded Stereos can not be repaired

★★ Novice

toilets have the bug.

Message 26 of 131 (4,227 Views)

Hero
I haven't had any issues with toilets so far.

Generally or only upgrade ones ? Specific ones or maybe just the talking toilet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 131 (4,215 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I am having this same issue also. So far it's happened to me with a Hot Tub with the stereo upgrade, and one of my stereo's that was fully upgraded I think. They try to repair, the repair action que's up, but the progress circle never appears or starts.
Message 28 of 131 (4,198 Views)

★ Novice
hey man, but the thing with my tv is the tv is from the career path (the unbreakable one) I think i also upgraded it too lol and the butler just stands there tries to fix it there for days on end.... until i put the tv in the inventory and back.
Message 29 of 131 (4,176 Views)

★ Pro
Which model of Tv is it ? As I may have a Sim in the right career path. Have you added any upgrades?
Message 30 of 131 (4,171 Views)