[FIXED] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

by loyabe

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

★★★ Guide

This is still happening for some objects.  In this case the stereo/speaker.  As you can see this object is fully upgraded.  I can replace the object and it is replaced with all the upgrades still completed.  They have no trouble repairing plumbing, but electronics still are bugged after the upgrades

Message 91 of 131 (4,029 Views)

Re: Sims 4 My Sim can't repair objects - keeps working on them with no result

★★★ Guide

tested this with a low level character in handiness....he went from level 5 to level 6 without ever completing the repair. If I let him continue...he will max out his skill and never repair that speaker.

Message 92 of 131 (4,015 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @Nuke615 

If you're seeing this without mods, would you be willing to share your save files?  If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file(s).

Instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 93 of 131 (3,997 Views)

[PS4] Jet Set Luxury Bath Breaks

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.15
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Toddler Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Jet Set Luxury Bath
What happens when the bug occurs? The Jet Set Luxury Bath is listed in buy mode as being unbreakable, but it breaks fairly often.
What do you expect to see? An item listed as "unbreakable" in buy mode not breaking ever.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This tub is listed as unbreakable but it breaks more often than the cheaper tub I replaced.

Message 94 of 131 (3,509 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

★ Apprentice
@Nuke615 This is happening to me as well. Not even the repairman can repair electronic objects.
Message 95 of 131 (3,810 Views)

★★★ Guide

You can recreate this with any household.  You just have to wait for a neon light, speaker or stereo to break after doing the upgrades on them.  I think Fixum Wiring is the culprit.  The sims have no issue with plumping repairs

Message 96 of 131 (3,783 Views)

★★★★ Guide

This is most likely caused by seasons, and rain going through somehow.  I noticed the basement will display raining even if its not raining just because the ground is wet.  There is two work arounds I have come up with raise the foundation a level above the ground so you don't get ground weather. 2 Anything that is broken and not fixable should have a replace your still keep all your upgrades.

Message 97 of 131 (3,765 Views)

Upgraded "Unbreakable" Wall Speaker Breaking

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Updated through Island Living Patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upgrade a wall speaker to have "Firaxium Wiring" which is described as "This revolutionary wiring makes the stereo unbreakable" and wait for it to break.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "unbreakable" speaker breaks.
What do you expect to see? The "unbreakable" speaker to be unable to break.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have the wall speakers outside and the speakers (there are two that this happens to, although the screenshot only shows one) started breaking when I installed Seasons (I assume correctly, because of the rain) so I had the Sim upgrade the speakers to "unbreakable" but the speakers continue to break. I've replaced the speakers with new speakers and upgraded those as well and the issue continues. Other upgraded "unbreakable" electronics that I have placed outside (for example, a DJ booth) do not break.

The sim who has completed the upgrades is level 10 Handiness (no cheats) and used "instant upgrade."  This shouldn't make a difference in gameplay but mentioning that just in case the bug happens to be in that bit of code.

Message 98 of 131 (3,688 Views)

Re: Electronics are broken since newest update

★★★ Newbie

I was able to get around that altogether by shift+left click and "Reset Object." Not a permanent fix but saves having to replace the item. 

Message 99 of 131 (3,577 Views)

Re: Electronics are broken since newest update

★★ Apprentice

I have similar issues. I ended up selling my speaker because no one could fix it, and now my hot tub is stuck in a similar situation. When my sim tries to fix it there's no progress bar around the action, and it never ends. I tried to find the "reset object" option but it just isn't there, not when following those instructions at least. I have tons of money and can afford to replace stuff, but this is still super annoying.

Message 100 of 131 (3,540 Views)