Re: Repairing objects doesn't finish

by Jaelk

Original Post

Sim never completes repair to More Views Video Station.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Break the More Views Video Station 2. Select "Repair" 3. Watch sim repair without fixing for hours on end
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will continue to repair the More Views Video Station until you cancel the action. The item is never fixed. The action status bar is not active.
What do you expect to see? The sim repairs the item after a short period of time. The action status circle continues to fill until the repair is complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch of 11/25/19.

My sim was level seven handiness when she started repairing the station. She is now at level 10 handiness. I chose to replace the station, as it was apparent she was never going to finish the repair.

Message 121 of 131 (2,718 Views)

Re: Sim never completes repair to More Views Video Station.

★★★★★ Guide

Hi there;

Was the object upgraded at any time with the Unbreakable upgrade for it? There's a known issue with Unbreakable objects breaking, resulting in an impossible repair job.

If you go into build mode while it's broken, then move it; it should fix itself. It's a temporary workaround if that's the case.

- B

Message 122 of 131 (2,706 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Repairing objects doesn't finish

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@tszrivanI had this same issue but it disappeared after the last update. Certainly easier on the wallet.

About 50% of the items on the lot are "unbreakable". Can't remember any of them failing.

Message 123 of 131 (2,700 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@visceral143 Merged this with the thread on unbreakable objects being unrepairable.

@tszrivan Cause it's a bug. I'm merging this with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 124 of 131 (2,689 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@burin077 Thanks for the work around.
Message 125 of 131 (2,652 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

★★★★ Novice

Ann of my no breakable toilets are breaking all of the time since the update? Does anyone have a solution?

Message 126 of 131 (2,637 Views)

★★★ Guide

just replace them and they are replaced with all the upgrades still intact...haven't tested this in a while...but this is how I used to deal with the issue.

Message 127 of 131 (2,629 Views)

Hero

Speaking of Unbreakable, we fixed an issue with Hot Tubs and Stereos where unbreakable upgrades would not work if these objects were in use when upgrading them.
○ Obviously there was an issue with the hot tub… water is the weakness.

Holiday Gnomes will no longer break Unbreakable objects when having a negative relationship with them.
○ We don’t know what was done to make them angry, but even as magical as they are, they should not be breaking the Unbreakable.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 128 of 131 (10,382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Fixing a few offenders is not the same as "fixed"

Vacuums were not fixed.

Neon signs were not fixed.

That's just the things I can instantly name.

Message 129 of 131 (2,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@HiSaZuL I know this thread was for multiple things and also had several issues by the means how it broke (rain, gnomes, just by the heck of it)

I would suggest to make new threads for Vacuums and Neon signs (one for each).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 130 of 131 (2,549 Views)