Repairing objects doesn't finish

by tszrivan

Original Post

Re: [PS4] Jet Set Luxury Bath Breaks

★★ Guide

I have a same problem with op,too. I'm playing in PC.

unbreakable.png

broken.png

Message 111 of 131 (2,065 Views)

Re: [PS4] Jet Set Luxury Bath Breaks

★ Guide

For some reason the Jet Set Luxury Bath breaks despite it being labeled as unbreakable, this is a glitch that needs serious fixing because its annoying when this bathtub breaks.

Message 112 of 131 (1,929 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

★ Novice

I have also been having the problem where objects upgraded to be unbreakable will break and become impossible to repair (sims just stand there working on it forever, until the action is cancelled). With the huge patch that just came out the other day I was hopeful, but it looks like nothing has changed, as I tested it again today. There was no mention of it in the patch notes either. This problem has been going on for a long time. I wonder why it's so hard to fix.

Message 113 of 131 (1,836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Can confirm, this is STILL happening. Just had it happen to my high end stereo system. Don't know what the heck EA is doing by not patching this problem when it's been going on for over a year now.

EDIT: Surprisingly it did get 'fixed'... sort of. After a while it started playing music again, but was still sparking and wouldn't let me upgrade it, and I couldn't change the channel, just the song and volume.

Message 114 of 131 (1,776 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Just a reminder to everyone who is experiencing this problem, there is a workaround.

1: Enter Build Mode

2: Move the object that is broken/unrepairable one tile. (If done right, you will briefly hear the "broken" tune play again. If you hear this, go ahead and move your object back to where it was.)

3: Exit Build Mode. (Your object should now be functional again.)

This does not fully resolve the issue, but it should save you a lot of simoleons instead of having to replace the object.

Note: This only works for Unbreakable objects as a workaround; objects that can still be breakable (Such as objects that don't have an Unbreakable upgrade) will remain broken if you attempt this.

- B

Message 115 of 131 (1,758 Views)

★ Novice

I have been having this issue too for a while, but only my stereos are unrepairable. It is getting really tedious.

Message 116 of 131 (1,738 Views)

Repairing objects doesn't finish

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Vampires, Dine Out, Parenthood, City Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Level 10 Handiness skill sim Repair or Insta-repair! a broken object.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will start repairing the object but won't make any progress, doesn't show a progress bar
What do you expect to see? That insta-repair fixes objects almost instantaneously and the Repair action showing me how far along the repairs are and being done eventually
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For now I can only replace broken objects. It seems to affect electrical appliances the most.

Message 117 of 131 (1,771 Views)

Re: Repairing objects doesn't finish

Hero
@tszrivan Did you upgrade that object to unbreakable ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 118 of 131 (1,765 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having this issue as well. It started after the most current update on 11/26/19. I was level 7 handiness when I started repairing the More Views Video Station and now I'm halfway to level 10 and the video station is still not repaired. My sim has been repairing for over 4 hours.

Message 119 of 131 (1,746 Views)

★★★ Novice

Why would it break if it’s unbreakable?

But to answer your question, I honestly don’t remember. It’s been a problem before that was even possible so I don’t think it plays a huge role to be honest. 

Message 120 of 131 (1,734 Views)