Re: Stereo system with unbreakable upgrade breaks after being on for long time

by Sentinel_VX

Original Post

★ Pro

The firaxium wiring upgrade has been broken since seasons.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Some-objects-can-not-be-repaired/td-p/6882830

Message 61 of 131 (1,407 Views)

★ Guide
This is indoor so it's not affected by rain.

After looking around on the internet it seems it has been a problem for long time and it has not been fixed yet.
Message 62 of 131 (1,393 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's actually a bug with rain breaking stuff if it's indoor/close to an outer wall .. hence my question.

You say it breaks after a long period of use, my question was, if it was raining (hence being the reason for the issue)

There was also an issue with gnomes breaking those and another (can't remember what it was) which has been fixed .. if they are still breaking, it's important to know why they are still breaking.

Just trying to figure out which of the threads we have this belongs to :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 131 (1,379 Views)

★ Guide
Nah all the stereo system in my game break after being on for long time regardless where I put them after I upgraded them with firaxium wiring. The other important issue it you can't even fix them.

So this is not because of the gnomes or weather.
Message 64 of 131 (1,371 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I got the exact same issue. Stereos break even with unbreakable upgrade and neither my sims or the repairman can fix them, they just stand there forever attempting until I cancel it.

Message 65 of 131 (1,358 Views)

Hero
I will probably merge this with above linked thread. Best if you also click me too on the other for the moment.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 131 (1,351 Views)

Unbreakable Upgrade Not Working on Stereos

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you use the stereo and use the upgrade "Unbreakable" option. It keeps breaking down if you use it for a long time like normal.
What happens when the bug occurs? The option doesn't work. It keeps breaking down normally despite the upgrade adding it.
What do you expect to see? Not breaking down all the time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.47.51.1020

Can anyone work this out?

Message 67 of 131 (1,300 Views)

Re: Unbreakable Upgrade Not Working on Stereos

Hero

HI @InsaneStar

merged your post with exiting thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 131 (1,293 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

★★★ Apprentice

Still gets troubled over this issue. My fridges, stereos, toilets and cleaning bots continue to break once in a while. It's no big deal replacing them, but it's just annoying to find them down or see a pile of mess around when I need to use them.

So yeah, I do think that most of the unbreakable objects are affected and also believe this started some point last year, probably after seasons patch as some suggest however I can't recall clearly. 

Message 69 of 131 (1,245 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

★★ Novice

I have the same problem. Firaxium wiring upgraded stereo breaks and can’t be repaired.

Please note that I only have the Base game + Seasons + Parenthood + Kid’s Room stuffs (I’m a new simmer). I do not have City Living and the stereo couldn’t possibly be broken by weather as it is placed indoor its entire life.

I didn’t notice specifically how and when it broke but I will do next time and update here.

Message 70 of 131 (1,238 Views)