Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Do not have parenthood, laundry and pet stuff. Have everything else.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upgrade stereos and wait for them to break.
What happens when the bug occurs? Upgraded Stereos can not be repaired. I have found a bug with upgraded stereos, when they break it is permanent. Repair, instant repair, butler and the hired repair people have failed. They will stand next to stereo for days attempting to repair it but never manage. I now have several stereos ranging from cheap to most expensive, that can not be repaired. This only affects upgraded stereos, stereos with no upgrades can be repaired as normal.
What do you expect to see? Upgraded stereos to break less often and to be repairable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

[‌CM - Removed duplicate text]

Message 1 of 131 (11,312 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

Hero

Speaking of Unbreakable, we fixed an issue with Hot Tubs and Stereos where unbreakable upgrades would not work if these objects were in use when upgrading them.
○ Obviously there was an issue with the hot tub… water is the weakness.

Holiday Gnomes will no longer break Unbreakable objects when having a negative relationship with them.
○ We don’t know what was done to make them angry, but even as magical as they are, they should not be breaking the Unbreakable.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 128 of 131 (10,203 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] Upgraded Stereos can not be repaired

[ Edited ]
Hero

The following upgraded items can't be repaired

• Stereos
  • Hot tubs with Stereo upgrade
  • Neon Signs
  • Vacuum robot
  • TV

Could be all electronic devices. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 131 (11,144 Views)

★ Pro

Just stereos from what i have seen, upgraded computers and sinks are still repairable.

Message 3 of 131 (11,130 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Same issue here. It started happening after the patch/seasons. I have no CC or mods.

Message 4 of 131 (11,112 Views)

Hero
Just stereos for you as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 131 (11,098 Views)

★ Pro

Found another unrepairable object with in a few hours of upgrading the hot tub, which does have a stereo so may be connected. It also has the unbreakable upgrade. It broke and can not be repaired.

Message 6 of 131 (11,075 Views)

Hero
Added for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 131 (11,046 Views)

★ Pro

The hot tub becoming unrepairable, is caused by the stereo upgrade. The other 2 upgrades Aromatherapy and Unbreakable are safe to use.    

Message 8 of 131 (11,026 Views)

My level 10 Handiness Sim Cannot Repair Anything

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? most of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? load the game, you'll see all animated neon signs broken if they are hung. The sim with level 10 handiness will repair endlessly without ever getting the object repaired. This was also the case with a broken hot tub (he spent forever repairing it and it never got repaired)
What happens when the bug occurs? items never get repaired..you have to replace them, and the replacement shows all upgrades completed already
What do you expect to see? for the sim to complete a repair task
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June seasons patch

My sim cannot get anything repaired.  They will spend endless time looking like they are repairing a broken object, but it never gets repaired.  I have to replace the items instead...and the replacement items have all the upgrades already in place (no need to upgrade them again).

As you can also see, I have the sim in the screen capture set to repair all the neon wall lights on the lot, as they were all broken after the Seasons update.

Message 9 of 131 (11,017 Views)

Re: My level 10 Handiness Sim Cannot Repair Anything

Hero
@Nuke615 What other objects beside hot tubs and neon signs do you have issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 131 (11,004 Views)