[FIXED] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

by SimStoppable2020

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] Unable to go to work/school/class/audition

★★★★★ Novice

My issue is most similar to what appears in this thread (Sims 4 child won't go to school on home lot), but since this topic is closed I wanted to add here.

My child will not go to Elementary school. Both her parents go to work, but she will not go to school, either automatically or after I click on the "Go to school" button - it does nothing. After seeing the above thread, I tried going to a non-residential lot and seeing if she would go to school from there and she did.

I have never had any mods or custom content and I very recently cleared out my Sims 4 and Origin cache. Repairing did not solve the issue.

Though I have found a work around for now, this issue has happened many times to various saves so should be addressed in a patch. Thank you.

Message 281 of 329 (1,088 Views)

my sims 4 cannot go to work! please fix bug

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all the sims 4 stuff pack and expansions
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? sims cannot go to work / won't go
What happens when the bug occurs? sims cannot go to work / won't go
What do you expect to see? they can go to work
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

hi my sims 4 cannot go to ork please fix bugs in the game, I have been doing some search and yes I dont think I'm not the only one with this problem 

Message 282 of 329 (1,075 Views)

Sims Stop Going To Class

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.7.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Star Wars Journey to Batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a sim to class either by right clicking on sim or selecting in the work tab
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will either not start to go to class, or will stop going to class once they get to a certain spot. (Ie bottom of stairs, bottom of elevator) then misses class because it took them so long to get there
What do you expect to see? Sims going to class on time and as expected
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sims constantly miss class, fail classes, miss exams - because the go to class task cancels. Its impossible to play the university pack when it does this.

Message 283 of 329 (1,054 Views)

★★ Novice
@SimStoppable2020 Mine started doing the same thing after installing snowy escape
Message 284 of 329 (998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My Teen Sims also stopped going to school once I installed the new pack. However, their parents will go to work. I had thought it was mod-related until I read this thread. EA, please fix this SOON!!!

Here is a link to my save file: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p8ibxy62819utqw/AADURHru7vt5kBCdK2BoB98Wa?dl=0

Message 285 of 329 (985 Views)

Sims not going to work/school

★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? A variety
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every once in a while the sim will glitch and not go to work/school. When I press to go to work/school the sim doesn’t leave still. Resetting the sim doesn’t fix it
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim doesn’t leave and the go to work/school button doesn’t work
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to go to work/school when the button is pressed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue started this last patch

Only fix I can find is travelling to another lot and selecting go to school from there. It seems to work then

Message 286 of 329 (984 Views)

Hero
@AthenaApollos I tested your save.

You're Sims are currently on vacation so they don't need to go to school. You still can send them though and I tried that and they all went

I also ended the vacation and tried going to school from home. Also no issues for all three teens

As your save seems heavily modded, are you sure it's not a mod issue in your case ? Have you tested without mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 287 of 329 (953 Views)

★ Guide

My game is heavily modded (understatement). I will try without mods and report back.

Message 288 of 329 (916 Views)

★★ Novice

It started happening to me after the last patch. Children won't go to school on their own and when I click "go to school" nothing happens. Restarting the game fixed for me once and it was okay for a couple of days but now the issue is back and I don't really want to go to a public lot every time they need to go to school. Only CC I have is a skin tone and a single mod for university credits.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zsw2sapdyAmOVfv4Z8z1cK2pomw-MRn8/view?usp=sharing

Message 289 of 329 (855 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL but star-wars 

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to send sim to work or school
What happens when the bug occurs?  
Time for Sim to go to work or school. Command them to go, nothing happens, no actions, nothing. Send them to a different lot AND then the go to school / work button will work. Was not an issue until I had 6 sims that are school / work age. 
IF they do go to school, they will go to school in their PJs. 

What do you expect to see? I expect my Sims to go to school and work normally.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
 MCCC
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.  The 17/11/20 update. 

Message 290 of 329 (792 Views)