Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Unable to go to work/school/class

by 24edav

Original Post

Sim won’t work

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27.3.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Dine Out, Discover University, Get Famous, Get Together, Island Living, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Seasons, Spooky Stuff, StrangerVille, Toddler Stuff, Vampires, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game. Send sim to work/school
What happens when the bug occurs? A notification will pop up saying they have work/school in one hour but when the time comes they will not go. I try to send them myself but the option won’t register. It seems to only be a certain sims though
What do you expect to see? They should be able to go to work, school.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Help

Message 151 of 329 (1,259 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@SimStoppable2020 I had this issue and it just resolved itself after a few day’s of real time game play. It was super super irritating though. I tried everything, moving house, quitting and restarting the job, getting someone to invite the sim travelling, getting pregnant and taking family leave, taking annual leave, selecting work from home. It just eventually fixed itself thankfully.
Message 152 of 329 (1,212 Views)

★ Novice

This happened to me too this evening. However I play on console (PS4). My sim went to work, came home but it still said she was in work. After this I couldn’t use the inventory, couldn’t go to work, or go to class (playing uni also) 

Message 153 of 329 (1,171 Views)

★★★ Novice
@24edav I was wondering, did you continue playing the same household or did it resolve after playing another household?
Message 154 of 329 (1,161 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@MHLoto I kept playing the same household. I’d already lost one save to the 134 error code so I was being super stubborn with this one.
Message 155 of 329 (1,116 Views)

My Sim can't / won't go to work? - Sims 4 - 9 July 2020

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every Sims 4 expansion pack, stuff pack etc - up until Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle: 1 The Sims 4 Expansions 1.1 Eco Lifestyle (June 2020) 1.2 Discover University (November 2019) 1.3 Island Living (June 2019) 1.4 Get Famous (November 2018) 1.5 Seasons (June 2018) 1.6 Cats & Dogs (November 2017) 1.7 City Living (October 2016) 1.8 Get To Work (March 2015) 1.9 Get Together (December 2015) 2 The Sims 4 Game Packs 2.1 Realm of Magic (September 2019) 2.2 StrangerVille (February 2019) 2.3 Jungle Adventure (February 2018) 2.4 Parenthood (May 2017) 2.5 Vampires (January 2017) 2.6 Dine Out (June 2016) 2.7 Spa Day (July 2015) 2.8 Outdoor Retreat (January 2015) 3 The Sims 4 Stuff Packs 3.1 Tiny Living (January 2020) 3.2 Moschino Stuff Pack (August 2019) 3.3 My First Pet Stuff (March 2018) 3.4 Laundry Day Stuff (January 2018) 3.5 Toddler Stuff (August 2017) 3.6 Fitness Stuff (June 2017) 3.7 Bowling Night Stuff (March 2017) 3.8 Vintage Glamour Stuff (December 2016) 3.9 Backyard Stuff (July 2016) 3.10 Kids Room Stuff (June 2016) 3.11 Romantic Garden Stuff (February 2016) 3.12 Movie Hangout Stuff (January 2016) 3.13 Spooky Stuff (September 2015) 3.14 Cool Kitchen Stuff (August 2015) 3.15 Perfect Patio Stuff (June 2015) 3.16 Luxury Party Stuff (May 2015)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A notification will pop up saying they have work/school in one hour but when the time comes they will not go. I try to send them myself but the option won’t register. 
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim wont go to work - Sims 4.
What do you expect to see? My Sim cant go to work in Sims 4. I have tried everything: - When I click "Go to work" on the job tab; she doesn't go. - When I click on the Sim herself and click "Go to work"; she doesn't go. - When I take her to another lot and say "Go to work"; she doesn't go. - I have unlocked all doors. - I have moved lots. - I have quit and switched jobs even! Ive tried over 7 different careers! - I have done game updates and game repairs through Origin. What can I do? Its ruining game play as she cant get promoted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sim cant go to work in Sims 4. I have tried everything:
- When I click "Go to work" on the job tab; she doesn't go.
- When I click on the Sim herself and click "Go to work"; she doesn't go.
- When I take her to another lot and say "Go to work"; she doesn't go.
- I have unlocked all doors.
- I have moved lots.
- I have quit and switched jobs even! Ive tried over 7 different careers!
- I have done game updates and game repairs through Origin.
What can I do? Its ruining game play as she cant get promoted.

Message 156 of 329 (1,096 Views)

Can’t go to class

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.64.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University, pets, seasons, parenthood, vampires, dine out, and back yard stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. It just randomly happens when I’m on my last 3 classes. Have 9/12 credits and in the physics degree
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim won’t automatically go to class, hitting the go to class button will do nothing.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim go to class
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

My sim quite literally will not go to any of my 3 classes. I hit go to class and nothing happens. Will not automatically go to class when it starts. Can’t find where to go to class in the university itself. Doing the physics degree, only have 3 credits and can’t finish it cause the game broke I guess? 

Message 157 of 329 (975 Views)

★★★ Newbie

One of my sims also won’t go to university. Hitting the go to class button does nothing 

Message 158 of 329 (1,047 Views)

Re: Discover University can’t take exam bug

★★★★★ Newbie
@heroofkoalas was there ever this ever resolved?
Message 159 of 329 (1,017 Views)

Re: Discover University can’t take exam bug

★★★ Novice

Yes, I had to load a save file that was about 2 days of gameplay back and everything finally worked properly. I’m assuming that was a corrupt save file

Message 160 of 329 (982 Views)