by mayorbrenton

Original Post

Re: Sims won't go to work

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PS4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.27
What expansions, game packs, stuff packs: 

Tiny Living, Jungle Adventure, Seasons, Spooky Stuff, vampires, Discover University, City Living, Laundry Day stuff, Parenthood, Eco Lifestyle, Get Together, Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to attend class from off campus house
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim just stands in front of house but never leaves for class or soccer practice
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim fade away to class
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm playing on PS4 so no mods or cc. Starting today my sim will not go to university class or soccer practice. No matter how many times I click "go to class" or "go to activity" they just stand there.

Message 111 of 329 (1,275 Views)

Re: Sim won’t go to class bug sims 4 university

★★ Novice
@cailynelmore I followed someone else's advice and used testingcheats true then shift + click on the sim and debug object. I did it on the sim and the homework and the computer to be safe and saved and restarted and it started working again!
Message 112 of 329 (1,349 Views)

Re: Sim won’t go to class bug sims 4 university

★★ Novice

It didn't work for me. So it's a mystery to me. :D 

Message 113 of 329 (1,321 Views)

Re: cant go to classes sims 4

★★★★ Novice

im looking thru all these answers, and none seem to work for me. my problem is that when I try to go to class, it comes up with a notification saying are you sure you want to skip this lecture, and whatever button I click, it never lets me go. do you know how to solve this specifically for this problem? thanks!

Message 114 of 329 (1,276 Views)

Re: cant go to classes sims 4

★★★★ Novice

never mind, it was a small thing. the door was locked haha, I figured it out. thanks for ur help tho!

Message 115 of 329 (1,249 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Unable to go to work or school

★★★★★ Novice

I've been having the same issue as well along with no actions on their part or any portrait refresh

Message 116 of 329 (1,227 Views)

My sim wont go to class

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dias de Universidad y Rumbo a la fama
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When its time to go to class my Sim just wont go, he can do any other action except going to class, it doesn't matter how I order my sim to go to class (Right click on him, on the work screen) he wont go, sometimes he picks his notebook and stay quiet waiting doing nothing.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim doesn't go to class never, but he can do any other action.
What do you expect to see? My sim going to class
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm getting so mad I just bought the college expansion but my sim is not going to class so the expansion is being useless.

Message 117 of 329 (1,214 Views)

Re: The Sims 4: Discover University - My sim doesn't go to class

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem and had to have both my sim quit his job as a backup to prevent it from happening and his son drop out of university to bring him out of it to use the sim again so that solution appears to be working to help it

Message 118 of 329 (1,169 Views)

Re: Sims 4 university sim won't go to class

★ Guide

What annoys me is that no matter how many times I spam the "Go To Class" button for the class my Sim has to go to, they just stand around like mentally * idiots! Plus they take forever to get to class unless you have a spellcaster with a broom or teleportation spell, both get to class in seconds, teleportation is just as easy to do with vampires too, so why not have regular Sims a teleportation ability without having cheats on, or have a high enough wellness level.

It's just really annoying when Sims take their time to get to class no matter how much you rage at them and spam the go to class button, they will take their sweet time and lose a few class points in the process.

Message 119 of 329 (1,979 Views)

Unable to go to work or class

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parent Hood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See if you can get a sim to go to work or to university classes
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim is unable to go to work in any career or any university class. I click go to work or go to school and my sim stands with her schoolwork book but doesn't do anything
What do you expect to see? This to get fixed so my sims can go to work or school
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the latest update/patch my sims game stopped working correctly

Sim will not go to work or class

Message 120 of 329 (1,116 Views)